·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Is searching on here an option? There are several threads in the audio/video and 99-04 forums for speaker replacement along with sizes. If people won't help, help yourself by searching on here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just installed new speaker in my 2001, which I think is the same as your 99. I installed the Polk audio DXi 650 6 1/2 inch in the door. They sound amazing but are more expensive than the Pyles you referenced. The Polks are $99/pair MSRP.

The polks have a 2 inch mounting depth. The Pyles have a mounting depth of 1.9 inches. Just glancing at the images of the pyles and given the mounting depth of 1.9 inches, they should fit. Looks to me like you won't even have to cut anything. I didn't have to cut anything - just drilled small pilot holes in the door through plastic only - to start the four mounting screws.

I was using Crutchfield to help me decide but very few non-component 6 1/2 inch speakers are judged to "fit" the 2nd gen Ody. Crutchfield says the polks I bought "do not fit", but in fact they do, and with no cutting.

I replaced the rear speakers so long ago I don't remember what's in there now. I do know I bought good quality 4" speakers for back there, but from the front, I could not tell any difference at all from stock. I have a 4-channel amp feeding the door and rear speakers. The rears just pop if they get much signal at all - I need a high pass filter for them. For now I keep the fader mostly at front.

Hope this helps. If you really want the pyles, it looks like they will fit to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oops I wasn't specific enough above - In the above comments related to fit - I am referreing to the Pyle 6 1/2 inchers. I don't think the 4x6 size will work unless the 99 is different from the 01. For the rear speakers, try using crutchfield's "outfit my car" to help determine an appropriate mounting depth, then compare to the pyle 4" mounting depth. My guess is they will fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts