Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Odyssey EX. Two months ago we had problems with the A/C. We took it to the dealer where they wanted to change the compressor (estimate was $1400.00), we didn't feel there was anything wrong with the compressor and after some discussion they fixed it by replacing some valves, the relay and recharged it. It was working fine after that work was completed.

Approximate two weeks ago, the air pressure started fluctuating in the front. The back vents blow just fine, but the front starting blowing hard then soft and so forth. Now the air is pretty much non-existing in the front unless we hit a bump, then it blows out a hard puff of cold air and then it goes away. The air is cold, but it doesn't blow on either auto or by manually setting it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on what the problem could possibly be.

Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had the same thing happen in my 2006 EX-L. The shop that does my oil changes told mt that my A/C filter probably needs to be changed (since it's supposed to be changed every 30,000 mikes)......what A/C filter?!?!? He took out my glovebox and voila.....there was an A/C filter thqt was black as an ace of spades (I have 116,000 miles on my car & te filter had never been changed before). i bought a new one at the auto parts store for $17 and the air blows so hard that I freeze myself and my kids out all of the time now!

·
Registered
219 Posts
My money is on the power transistor. This is a solid-state version of what used to be done by the blower motor resistor. Part number is 79330-SFJ-W01. Price is about $60 from Majestic Honda.

This device controls the speed of the blower motor. Generally speaking, when they start going bad, they blower just starts blowing at random speeds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts