Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been addressed in another thread, but I don't have time to wade through all the posts! The A/C on my 2005 (62K miles) is no longer blowing cold air. I went and had the A/C checked at Jiffy Lube and they said there was no Freon. They recharged the A/C and didn't detect any leaks, but still no cold air!

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong??? Switch? Compressor?

It's supposed to be in the upper 90's and possibly 100 this week here in VA!!!:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I know! I wanted to make sure it didn't need to charged before I took it to my local repair shop. I plan on taking it to my normal place for repairs, but was really hoping it only needed to be charged...

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
I know the answer. My crystal ball told it to me but I don't have time to post it. :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Well there has to be a leak somewhere if there was no freon. Also if the system is ever open to the environment, you are always suppose to replace the drier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems odd that even when they recharged the the A/C that it still didn't blow cold, just warm/hot. Doubtful it would leak that quickly. Unless there's clog in the line possibly?

I'm not sure what you mean about being open to the environment? And the drier?

Last week the oil was changed, as well as the cabin filter and the air filter...Not sure these would be contributing factors or not...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any ideas? Or what my hubby could check to see what the issue is?

I'll most likely be taking it in to our local repair shop to have the problem identified.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
gregnemma said:

I'm not sure what you mean about being open to the environment? And the drier?
What is meant by being open to the environment is if there was a leak or hole in your a/c system and all the freon leaked out, the air form the environment properly got in there which is not good. When moister gets in the system from the environment, it ruins your a/c drier. Moister is bad for your a/c. The drier absords moister out of your a/c but can only hold so much. But you may just have a blend door problem or a bad sensor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll finally be taking my Odyssey in tomorrow to find out what the problem is. Been way too long to go without A/C, but life is finally settling down and can be taken car of!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Turns out the AC Compressor is bad on my Odyssey. We were quoted $1300+ for the replacement, AC System Flush and Evac and Recharge!

Has anyone replaced the compressor themselves? If so, how long did it take to do the swap?

Thanks!:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts