Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a '06 EXL, it has a groan with engine operation, but that's another story. HOwever, I have heard another noise that developed in concert with the groan, this one is from the AC compressor - as it turns on and off with the compressor. It was pretty silent before. The AC still seems to work just fine. It doesn't sound like its banging or screaching, but had a mech friend look at it and he definately heard it and recommended I swap compressors.

Does anyone else have history with this problem, and any advice? I don't want to replace stuff if not necessary, but on the other hand, if the compressor craters and takes out condenser and stuff - perhaps on a trip with family - I'd rather avoid that. :rant:

I'll try to record the noise, but wife driving van lately. Only has 65k, seems early for AC issues.:huh:

Oh, and yes I did search on AC issues but did not find something directly related for this gen.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did more digging and I think this is the source of my "groaning" noise I had thought was my PS unit. I did some testing and video'd it. Looking at reman'd pumps.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I notice a groan when the a/c is running on my van, 05 touring. But only when I am driving. With the a/c running while in park there is no groan. Just this year. Are you saying you think the groan is the power steering pump on your van? Does your van groan when driving and a/c on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts