Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Model: 2015 Honda Odyssey EX-L

My car suddenly stopped blowing cold air. It looks like some sort of A/C problem. How can I start looking into this problem before I take it to the dealership? My car is out of the three year warranty. Is it better to take it to the local mechanic to save some money?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Could be any number of things. When you turn it on does the fans come on outside as well as the compressor mag clutch engage? If yes then may have sprung a leak. Do not get an AC Pro DIY as those things often do more harm than good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. The A/C is blowing air through the vents but it is not cold air. I will check the things you mentioned in the evening. I also found that Firestone has a $10 A/C inspection.. may be I will take my car there tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I took it to the shop and they told they have to replace the low side line, fix the high side line, replace air filter, fill the freons which will cost $850. This car is less than 4 years old. Why will the high side and low side lines get leaks so quickly? Will I be able to fix them myself?

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
There's no way for any of us here to know that. We don't know what's leaking where and/or why and we can't see it. The most common failure of these systems is the relay in the fuse box, the magnetic clutch coil, and the condensers often will leak. I've never seen a hose leak for no reason. Sometimes the service ports leak and need the valves replaced.

Reactions: GStevens1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts