Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
I keep hearing folks in here saying other minivans and vehicles are better than the Odyssey in a certain way. You all have a choice to make and you want the best for yourself and the family, buy something that will fit your personal choice or needs. If you buy something that you didn't really like, you'll always find something bad on it. If you mind set on certain thing, go for it. If you didn't do what your mind want, your are forcing yourself and you'll never completely satify with your choice. If you think the GC is more superior than the Odyssey, get the GC....who know maybe it will be good for you. If you asked us regarding the Odyssey, we'll always tell you the fact on the Odyssey. Odyssey is rated #1 among all the minivan segment and it is the fact. You'll have to face a reality....!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Coleman_lot said:
I keep hearing folks in here saying other minivans and vehicles are better than the Odyssey in a certain way.
Coleman, I don't think anybody's making a comparison in this thread.

Here's the deal: We have a two year-old and new born twins. That means three carseats for a long time. After my wife found out she was having twins, I realized we couldn't fit our family in our existing cars.

I went to the Volvo dealer - he told me that you cannot properly install 3 carseats in the back seat of a Volvo, and that you cannot disable one of the front airbags, either. I e-mailed Volvo to confirm; told them it was a deal-breaker: They said that no, even their largest model could not fit three car seats. I don't want to start an argument, but most car seats are not installed properly; I want a car that can properly and safely hold the kids. So maybe you can fit 3 carseats across in a subcompact, but I want to be certain that each seat is properly and safely installed. I mean no disrespect to anybody who can't afford to do that.

I could go on with this... my conclusion was that a minivan was the only solution that would let us properly buckle up all three car seats, and other vehicles which might hold 3 seats abreast still wouldn't let us stand upright when one of the babies needed feeding, changing, etc.

Then this thread pops up, suggesting that the 3rd row seat could be less safe. That concerned me, until our illustrious Maughan pointed out that the danger pertained to SUV's, not to minivans.

At any rate, I pick up my Odyssey tomorrow, so I'm not going to get a Suburban, DC or anything else.

Marshall

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 99 Odyssey was rear-ended while I was at a red light. The other driver saw me at the last minute and hit the brakes but was probalby going about 20MPH when he hit me. He did about $3K worth of damage. I had five 8 year old girls in the car on the way to a camp out. My daughter was in the 3rd row. No one was hurt- not even my daughter. I was very greateful to Honda that night.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts