Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wossit cost you guys? I'm annoyed cuz they quoted me $80 over the phone.

A1 Service Bill for 2011 Touring
Oil change: $55.58
Rotate tires: $36.88
Customer pay fluid disposal: $3.00
Total before tax: $95.46
Tax: $12.40
TOTAL: $107.86

·
Registered
395 Posts
For my dealer, the first oil change is free. I don't know how much it would cost to change the oil in Odyssey, which may use full synthetic and takes up more oil. With my CRV, the oil change is typically around $30-40. It is common for dealers in my area to have coupons for oil change for $29.99. Tire rotation is not really necessary. It does not improve your ride or handling in any way and it does not reduce tire wear. It just helps the four tires to wear out more evenly.

·
Registered
174 Posts
For my dealer, the first oil change is free. I don't know how much it would cost to change the oil in Odyssey, which may use full synthetic and takes up more oil. With my CRV, the oil change is typically around $30-40. It is common for dealers in my area to have coupons for oil change for $29.99. Tire rotation is not really necessary. It does not improve your ride or handling in any way and it does not reduce tire wear. It just helps the four tires to wear out more evenly.
The 2012 CRV that my daughter just bought requires a full synthetic change, and it is ~$70. Rotation IS necessary if you want to get the longest wear out of your tires. You are correct that it doesn't reduce the wear (like a good alignment does) but it does even it out, which extends the life of the tires as a whole.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Rotation IS necessary if you want to get the longest wear out of your tires. You are correct that it doesn't reduce the wear (like a good alignment does) but it does even it out, which extends the life of the tires as a whole.
If you do not rotate, you just change those two that wear out first, and then change the other two when they are ready. All may even out at the end; thus, it is questionable whether it is worth the while to pay for tire rotation, which is substantial over the life time of the tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts