Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
My wife just took our 2013 Touring (Canadian version) in for an oil change a few days ago.
Now the A12 maintenance code is showing on the dashboard and the Oil Life percentage shows 15%.

Is that something that just needs to be reset now, or is there a chance that the shop didn't actually change the oil?

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,928 Posts
The shop just didn't reset the Maintenance Minder. A = oil change needed, 1 = air filters (engine and cabin), 2 = tire rotation.

The van has no way of knowing what services have or have not been performed unless they are reset by the service tech.

-Charlie

Reactions: Juggawut

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX
271 Posts
Agree with the above. Resetting the Maintenance Minder is a manual process.

It can be reset with no actual service done. Service can be done with out it being reset.

·
Registered
14,668 Posts
Just don't ignore the rest of the service required. In this case the engine & cabin filters. Both quite easy DYI. I also question why you did not get a code 3 for a trans fluid change. Perhaps the 2013 still had the 45,000 mile (72,000km) interval? I would recommend using the new 30,000 mile (42,000km) interval. that is a normal drain & fill, not a complete 3x one. Fluid and method critical. See trans fluid change threads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts