Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone just emailed me saying Aadco are developing sway bars for the Odyssey. He said they should be ready by next month. They estimate it around $300 for a set. If anyone wants to talk to the guy who I talked to, email me, and I'll pass on his email address.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would definitely be interested in a set! Probably won't be lowering the Ody, but a good set of struts/shocks (someday?) and some beefy sway bars would sure help the handling. Keep us posted, I'll get his email from you and express interest too.

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, Bug deflector, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
More stuff on the way...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yes, keep us posted. A rear bar would be enough for me, since the chassis is pretty well controlled, as it is. For a van, there is a surprisingly small amount or push and a rear bar should make it feel good.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
RE: SWAY BARS The guy who's producing them is the man who headed up Aadco's prototype factory in Florida. The company's name is Saner Performance Fabrication, John Carlson is the owner, his # is 561-848-1616. Last week he told me, he was close to completion at $150 a bar. He told me, theres a whole slew of ody owners in Alaska asking for them. Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
478 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MGians:
RE: SWAY BARS The guy who's producing them is the man who headed up Aadco's prototype factory in Florida. The company's name is Saner Performance Fabrication, John Carlson is the owner, his # is 561-848-1616. Last week he told me, he was close to completion at $150 a bar. He told me, theres a whole slew of ody owners in Alaska asking for them. Good luck to everyone. </font>
Hey, thanks for the specific info on this, and welcome to the odyclub! Is that phone number in Alaska then?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I hate to be a nit picker, but the company's name is Addco not Aadco. I bought my first rear anti-sway bar from them in 1970 for a Ford Fairlane and my most recent one through a Addco distributor three years ago for my Maxima.

Thanks for the info on the bars. Sounds like a worth while addition when my Ody finally gets here.

[This message has been edited by Aardvaark (edited 11-11-2001).]

·
Registered
478 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aardvaark:
I hate to be a nit picker, but the company's name is Addco not Aadco. I bought my first rear anti-sway bar from them in 1970 for a Ford Fairlane and my most recent one through a Addco distributor three years ago for my Maxima.

Thanks for the info on the bars. Sounds like a worth while addition when my Ody finally gets here.

[This message has been edited by Aardvaark (edited 11-11-2001).]
</font>
I hate to be a nitpicker too, but it's spelled "aardvark"
(sorry, couldn't resist)
I too have bought from Addco years ago, good to see they are still in business!

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
More stuff on the way...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re: Saner Perfomance, the tel. # is in Florida. Sorry about the spelling I hate typing. Bars will be much nicer than the old Fairlanes or my old Capri's.

·
Registered
859 Posts
"I hate to be a nitpicker too, but it's spelled "aardvark"
(sorry, couldn't resist)
I too have bought from Addco years ago, good to see they are still in business!"
---------------------------------------
Ody! Are you making fun of my family's surname?
Can I help it if our last name is spelled almost the same as the anteater? J/K

[/B][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Aardvaark (edited 11-12-2001).]

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sorry Mr. Aardvaark sir! How rude of me...

No offense intended! Aardvaark is a wonderful and honorable family name.

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
More stuff on the way...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
How about a 'suspension and handling 101' primer for us newbies? Is there a good explanation somewhere of what all the elements of a suspension system do, as well as handling characteristics such as 'under steer', 'scrub' etc.?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I would think you could find such information at a good bookstore, such as Barnes & Noble, Borders, or Amazon.com. I have not looked for such info, lately, but, I used to see chassis dynamics books all the time. Good luck. I'm sure there are folks on this forum who can be of help, if you have specific terms you want defined.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm interested too. I am hoping that ts is a simple bolt-on modification with no requirements to drill anyhting?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I priced them for my truck and they were running around $23 to 250ish.

------------------
Chuck K,
Self-elected President, Vice President, Sergeant-at Arms and one and only member of the, now official, Former Ody Owners chapter of the OdyClub, founded 2/02/2002.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re; Sway bars, I first contacted the guy who was going to produce the bars, back in Oct. They got put on hold, and there is only a front bar on the van. I have left numerous calls into him on his 3 lines, and no response. I keep trying and keep ya posted.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What about Quikor? I'm waiting for a reply to email I sent them this week and will post what I learn. Can't describe how absolutley fantastic their front+rear bars were for my Accord long ago, but don't have any comparison with Addco.

Any chance we can organize a group buy for sway bars? I imagine the fabricator would like to know he has some minimum order from Odyclub and may discount pricing for us. Any ideas on how to approach this?

------------------
Ben
2001 LX, GG, mud guards, cargo tray, keyless remote, CD player, Blaupunkt speakers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone know how the Ody will handle with the new swaybar? I only ask because there has been a lot of discusion about swaybars on a Camaro board that I frequent. By putting a rear swaybar on early Camaro's, it stiffins the rear too much and makes the rear of the car want to slide out on hard cornering. I realize these are two completly different vehicles and would love to make the Ody handle even better, but if its not going to help or isn't safe, I don't want to waste my time & money.
BRICHEAD

1 - 20 of 49 Posts