Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First rattle came at 187 miles! I noticed it this morning - a small rattle every time a went over a bump. I guess it's time to go back through all the threads and start trying the myriad fixes.

I thought the whole point of a minivan was cupholders! I thought when a guy showed off his 1966 Jag you could smugly say, "Yes, but does it have cupholders?" Well, the "cupholders" in the Ody won't securely hold my morning cup of coffee. The cup fits OK but the holders are so shallow that if the cup is full I have no confidence that it won't tip over. I don't want to see who would win in a battle between 16 oz of coffee vs. Scotchguard. I guess I'll do a search on this too but I had to start by venting!

------------------
dMax
(formerly Gettin'AVan)
GG EX-L w/fog lights

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dMax:
...Well, the "cupholders" in the Ody won't securely hold my morning cup of coffee. The cup fits OK but the holders are so shallow that if the cup is full I have no confidence that it won't tip over. I don't want to see who would win in a battle between 16 oz of coffee vs. Scotchguard.</font>
FWIW, I've transported numerous 32 and 48 oz. diet cokes in the cup holder with nary a drop spilled.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmmm.....perhaps I'll try filling the coffee mug with water and driving around with that for awhile. It just seems like the center of gravity is really high.

Are you talking about the holders in the center tray or the dash?

------------------
dMax
GG EX-L w/fog lights

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I use the center tray.

I haven't tried a panic stop with a full cup, though. That could be interesting, but it would be with any cupholder configuration.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dMax:
Hmmmmm.....perhaps I'll try filling the coffee mug with water and driving around with that for awhile. It just seems like the center of gravity is really high.

Are you talking about the holders in the center tray or the dash?
</font>
I use the center tray ones myself. Of course, I've been cutting back on coffee so I only go up to maybe 16 oz. max size.

Have you looked for a better mug? I use one of those stainless steel vacuum insulated ones that fits perfectly in my cupholder. It also has an anti-spill top. There's a myriad of mugs out there, I'm sure you can find one big enough and stable enough for your purpose.

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I go back and forth between a stainless mug and a plastic insulated (free from Amazon.com 'cause I spend too much $$$) BTW - the plastic does a much better job of insulation. Haven't yet tried the steel in the Ody - will do so tomorrow.

If anyone starts up the "What I want to see on the next Ody" thread again I know what I'll add - custom-fit thermal mugs.

------------------
dMax
GG EX-L w/fog lights

1 - 8 of 8 Posts