Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I purchased a 01 EX SS, just a few weeks back. At the time I purchased the 5 years,
100K, KM (in canada) honda plus warranty.
I am wondering if there it is possible (within a certain time frame) to upgrade this
to the 7 years , 160K km warranty?

Thanks,
R Haynes

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but I was curious to know if you paid the full retail price for the warranty or were you able to negotiate. I live in Ontario and haven't had much luck getting a dealer to move on the warranty price for a 2002 Ex.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, there is not a lot of markup on the extended warranties. Only about 75-100 $ on the 5 year extended. Your best bet is to negotiate the whole deal, present an offer sheet which will be what you want to pay (excluding taxes) to leave with your new van. This is commonly known as a trade difference value. This allows the dealer to divide how much you are paying the way he wants so it looks best to him. So inlude the warranty you want with this price.
Good luck.
R Haynes

·
Registered
483 Posts
Geez, I guess I'm too late. Didn't read this before I went to the dealer to buy a 2002 EX. Now I'm trying to think whether it's justified to pay Cdn$801.55 for 6yrs/100k. I didn't include it in my deal

·
Registered
84 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kuruma Hayai:
Geez, I guess I'm too late. Didn't read this before I went to the dealer to buy a 2002 EX. Now I'm trying to think whether it's justified to pay Cdn$801.55 for 6yrs/100k. I didn't include it in my deal
</font>
I did not elect to get the extended warranty for my 2001 EX but am now considering. Pacific Honda in North Vancouver faxed me a price sheet. It looks to be a general Honda Canada letter.

For the "comprehensive" Honda Plus the retail prices ("dealer may sell for less") are printed as follows:

4/100000 $477
5/100000 $602
6/100000 $737
6/160000 $1139
7/160000 $1336

There is a "major component" only prices list which is ~$200 less for each and the above not include the roadside assistance insurance.

Also, my vehicle has 9000km (low since my wife's toy) and dealer said no problem in getting extended warranty now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts