Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was bound to happen; I was fooling around with the NAVI and looked up to see a guy suddenly decide to stop & take a left turn (the bastard had actually decided to cut through the parking lot to the left as the left arrow light 1/2 block up had just changed to red).

At any rate, that doesn't excuse me for not paying attention or fooling around with the computer but I gotta hand it to Honda; this 3k lb beast came to a stop FAST. I instinctively put my foot through the floorboard when I saw the guy suddenly stop and I could hear & feel several 'clicks' (in the split second this occured, my brain was actually thinking 'hmmm, I hope my cv boots aren't bad') as the van came to a DEAD stop in about 15-30 feet (from about 30-35 mph). I was on TOP of the white Chevy Blazer when it stopped; I was just positive I was going to hit him...

So, anyway after getting my butt home I went out & installed that dead pedal...

3 cheers for ABS!

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 10-20-2001).]

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good to hear that you made it out unscathed. BTW, the Ody is 4K lbs, not 3K lbs, which makes it even more amazing!

[This message has been edited by DTKWOK (edited 10-25-2001).]

·
Registered
564 Posts
4,400 pounds! And that's before adding a subwoofer, DVD player, TV, speaker upgrades, tank of gas, kids, dog, bound mother-in-law in the storage well, mud, etc. I used to think my Volvo was heavy at 3,400 pounds.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX
1997 EV1

[This message has been edited by darelldd (edited 10-27-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts