Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if this is normal or not, but it seems the ABS system kicks in too easily. Every other time I brake a little hard, it activates (on dry roads). Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kananelee:
I'm wondering if this is normal or not, but it seems the ABS system kicks in too easily. Every other time I brake a little hard, it activates (on dry roads). Does anyone else have this problem?</font>
Don't know if this is pertinent or not but the first time I had the ABS activate was during an "almost" panic stop on dry pavement. I'm pretty sure it was the rear wheels only that were exercising the system. I had misjudged my closing speed on the vehicle in front of me and had to really shut it down at the last minute. The stop was uneventful otherwise.

I think that's probably what you're feeling as the weight shifts off the rear wheels during your more agressive braking moments.

Just a thought.....

Drive Safe,
Steve

·
Registered
585 Posts
Actually, its the 'auto downshifting' that is occuring; not the ABS. Yes, during hard (downhill) braking maneuvers, you'll feel it kick in. Search the forum; many people have griped about this. Personally it doesn't bother me; I rather like the fact that the 4,000+ lb van is trying to help me slow down.

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
Actually, its the 'auto downshifting' that is occuring; not the ABS. Yes, during hard (downhill) braking maneuvers, you'll feel it kick in. Search the forum; many people have griped about this. Personally it doesn't bother me; I rather like the fact that the 4,000+ lb van is trying to help me slow down.
</font>

That's an interesting idea. It may well be the case although I'm pretty sure it's not what I've felt in my Ody. The steepest down hill I've ever been on it the local overpass!
I'd really like to get the car into some country where I can feel the grade logic at work. Maybe some day......

Drive Safe,
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts