Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I read through the thread about ac units that stop blowing cold or stop all together. Not sure if my issue is the same and just an early symptom or different. That post was talking about transistors and cooling stopping. Posted with success before so here we go: 2003 Odyssey EX, about 130K miles. The ac has a dull roar when the blower (fan) is running. It still cools (for now). June in central FL so I need a fix. Is the blower located right side of dash? Could it be something different?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
It is probably leaves or other junk clogging your AC filter. Swap that out and vacuum out as much junk as you can. It may not immediately fix the problem since leaves may already be downstream, but if you keep this area clean (change AC filter regularly), it will go away. That's how my '99 was.
Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will keep that in mind, but since 95% of the places the car is parked are relatively treeless not sure that is it. But I am sure it can't hurt to clean the area and change the filter.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
flffmedic said:
I will keep that in mind, but since 95% of the places the car is parked are relatively treeless not sure that is it. But I am sure it can't hurt to clean the area and change the filter.
Do this first and then report back if problem persists.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Interesting, our 2004 just started doing this. When the fan goes to full high (in auto mode a/c) it makes a loud roaring sound that I'm pretty sure was never there before.

It only recently got hot enough here for the fan to go to full speed, so I don't know when the problem might have first occurred.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Am convinced more it is the blower motor. When she gets in it in the morning it isn't as loud, i.e. car not as hot lower blower speed, but after it has sat outside all day in the Florida sun, it is louder when she comes home, higher setting to cool car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Darn, I was hoping you were going to try cleaning out the a/c filter and see if that helped -- didn't feel like doing it unless I knew it would really help :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts