Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to find if it is easy? No luck in search. Someone here must have done one? Looks like take off power steer belt first then ac belt. But the adjusters look really different, I'm used to the old american car stuff. Should I be leery ? I have new Honda belt in hand. They were both just changed about 25k ago, but my wife bottomed out on something a tore 1/2 of it away. BTW its a 1997.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i believe the ac and alternator pulleys share the same belt. to adjust, you'll need a 12mm 12 pt curved open end wrench, the same one you use for adjusting the valves. onlt u use the other end which is the 10mm. loosened the adjusting bolt just above the alternator to a point where you can start the adjuster. you'll need atleast a ft of 1/4" extension, and a 10mm 1/4" swivel socket. make sure that you soak the alternator bolt and adjuster bolt with pb blaster or similar chemical , the night before you plan on replacing it. btw, on the alt bolt, i think you maybe able to get away with a deep 12mm socket and an extension to loosen it, it's just that it's easier with a valve adjusting wrench. good luck. keep us posted. i think i got mine from a matco tool guy. it's a schley, never let me down. always work, and doesn't round off the edges of the bolt or nut.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts