Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
finally finished my AC condenser grill to prevent expensive repair to the unit. honda know it's a problem but will not do anything about it. they are going through a lawsuit right now. i just wanted to make sure my ac condenser didn't go out. the stealership wants a fortune to put one of their on, so here's my own version of it. this grill is made of black powder coat aluminum mesh. looks pretty cool. here's a pic of it

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/membe...-228-picture10433-ac-condenser-mesh-grill.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i fabricated from scratch. i had some left over mesh from my toyota tacoma truck. the license plate bracket does most of the holding, there's two cut outs on the mesh that i insert the plate bracket in and i used a few small black tie wrap on the sides, it's on there pretty snug. i was just socked to hear how much the stealership wanted for one of their. and theirs is made of plastic not nearly as durable as the one i've fabricated. I spend a saturday afternoon doing it. (drinking beer of course):cheers:

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
... honda know it's a problem but will not do anything about it. they are going through a lawsuit right now. ...
It's a problem with most vehicles. ;) This is such an easy mod, it's kind of like having a 25-lb. bag of rice in your kitchen...it's your own fault if you starve.

Around here, everybody does this using fibreglass window screening, especially guys with lifted trucks. If a rock can hit your windshield, it can surely score a hit on your AC condensor.

samsung, that is very sano looking. Almost looks like it came from the factory that way. Hey, Honda...hint, hint.

I fitted mine with small black zip ties. Can't see them at all.

OF

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a problem with most vehicles. ;) This is such an easy mod, it's kind of like having a 25-lb. bag of rice in your kitchen...it's your own fault if you starve.

Around here, everybody does this using fibreglass window screening, especially guys with lifted trucks. If a rock can hit your windshield, it can surely score a hit on your AC condensor.

samsung, that is very sano looking. Almost looks like it came from the factory that way. Hey, Honda...hint, hint.

I fitted mine with small black zip ties. Can't see them at all.

OF

yes agreed those small black zip ties blends right in with the black mesh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts