Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pictures of my slow AC leak in the condenser - do you think this is a hole or some other kind of leak (at the fitting)?
There doesn't seem to be much on the actual fitting - it is more evenly spread all over the side and front corner of the condenser.

Looks like I also have a leak at the seal on the compressor (3rd pic).
Purple Blue Azure Violet Line

Purple Blue Azure Violet Line
Blue Purple Automotive lighting Sky Violet

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Odyssey EX, Canadian
1,080 Posts
Condenser looks very old. I would replace it, along with every O-ring under the hood.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s a 2008 with 130k miles that has been garage kept in Charlotte NC in otherwise great condition. But yes, I’m starting to gear up for all new orings.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
2,595 Posts
I believe that corner of the condenser is known to leak with age.

·
Administrator
14,148 Posts
It’s a 2008 with 130k miles that has been garage kept in Charlotte NC in otherwise great condition. But yes, I’m starting to gear up for all new orings.
You my friend are in luck. Our very own John Clark is local to us. He is very familiar with this leak. He too has a 2008. Go over his posts and see if you want him to do this work for you.

2 years back, I got my compressor replaced as it died on my 2007 and he did both the condenser and the compressor along with ALL expansion valves.

·
Registered
108 Posts
IF you're interested in a condenser diy it's not a difficult job. You'll need to source a vacuum pump, manifold gauges , condenser and some o-rings. Just pull vacuum after the replacement to verify you have a leak free system then recharge. You can borrow the vacuum pump and manifold gauges at O'Reilly's. When you go to charge the system use a scale to measure the amount your charging.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had a similar condenser leak in our 2005, but I think it was on the corner on the driver's side. Replaced the condenser - got an open-box Denso with a little fin damage - vacuumed and refilled and it was good.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You my friend are in luck. Our very own John Clark is local to us. He is very familiar with this leak. He too has a 2008. Go over his posts and see if you want him to do this work for you.

2 years back, I got my compressor replaced as it died on my 2007 and he did both the condenser and the compressor along with ALL expansion valves.

Cool! Are you and John Clark in the Charlotte area? I live in Tega Cay SC and do a ton of my own work on my Ody and Pilot both 2008 models.

·
Administrator
14,148 Posts
Cool! Are you and John Clark in the Charlotte area? I live in Tega Cay SC and do a ton of my own work on my Ody and Pilot both 2008 models.
I’m in Pineville by the Carolina place mall. John is in Waxhaw.

Reactions: scottn3
1 - 9 of 9 Posts