Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 'Ody and very rarely do I see water drip from the AC drain in the front of the car. I think I only noticed it a few times from the front and not once from the rear drain. I checked the rear drain opening and it's definetely not plugged. The front one is impossible to see because it drains from the center of the firewall behind the engine somewhere. Anyone get water draining from both front and rear AC drains consistently?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Most likely the drain is plugged and the water is just sitting in there. I had the same issue when I bought the van new and started noticing a wierd smell. After a few hours on the road on a trip down to the states (3-4 hours of driving) with the A/C on we started hearing splash noises coming from the dashboard...I definately knew the drain was plugged. Took it to the dealer and they siad that it was plugged from the factory by mistake.
Now I see water draining even if the AC is on for only ten minutes...front and rear drains.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Are you running the rear AC?The amount of water depends on the humidity and the amount of time the AC is running. You could probably remove the cabin filter and pour some water in and see if it comes out. I have never tried it buy have often thought of trying. You could also try pushing a small tube through the filter area to see if there is any water setting under the evaporator.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
William Wiles said:
Are you running the rear AC?The amount of water depends on the humidity and the amount of time the AC is running. You could probably remove the cabin filter and pour some water in and see if it comes out. I have never tried it buy have often thought of trying. You could also try pushing a small tube through the filter area to see if there is any water setting under the evaporator.
I do run the rear AC at the same time as the front. That's what's strange about it. We've had the van for almost 4 years and not once have I ever seen water drain from the rear. Only on a few times have I actually seen water drip from the front drain. We do get a really musty smell from the vents when the AC is shut off. Probably will have to take it in to see if they are plugged.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I get lots of water dripping from front and rear drains....rear is on the pax side by tailpipe area....

even when the car is on just a few mins! although it has been quite humid in Chicago this summer

its so much water that I actually left a water trail up my driveway when I was driving slowly......no kidding it was a full trail not just a few drops

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Of a second thought is the AC may not be getting cold enought. Put a temperature probe deep in the center air vent and see how cold it gets after running a while. I haven't checked on my Ody but always before the temp was around 40 degrees.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hogan773 said:
I get lots of water dripping from front and rear drains....rear is on the pax side by tailpipe area....

even when the car is on just a few mins!

its so much water that I actually left a water trail up my driveway when I was driving slowly......no kidding it was a full trail not just a few drops
This is my experience too.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
William Wiles said:
Of a second thought is the AC may not be getting cold enought. Put a temperature probe deep in the center air vent and see how cold it gets after running a while. I haven't checked on my Ody but always before the temp was around 40 degrees.
The AC is cold, just don't get any water from the drains. Even on a humid day I don't notice anything. I'll have to get it checked the next time it goes in for an oil change or service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts