Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, on my Touring Elite, I can't figure out how to keep the air flowing through the back row vents. I adjust it upfront and have it synced and every time I turn off the car, when I restart it, the rear vents are off again. To get the air flowing I will usually choose the mode button with the airflow to the face and feet. Once I turn off the car and restart then it stops flowing. Even without it synced.. when I turn on the car again there's no airflow to the back. My kids are not old enough to reach or adjust this. How can I keep the air always flowing in the back?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a 2006 EX before my Elite and there was a button to turn off the back vents. I haven't figured that out yet on the new one. When I drive by myself I'd rather only use the front AC vents

·
Registered
687 Posts
I had a 2006 EX before my Elite and there was a button to turn off the back vents. I haven't figured that out yet on the new one. When I drive by myself I'd rather only use the front AC vents
See page 231 of the owner's manual.

;)

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/K81111/K81111OM.pdf

To turn the rear system completely
off, press the ON/OFF button on the
rear control panel or press and hold
the REAR LOCK button on the front
control panel for more than 2
seconds.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Can the mode for the rear be adjusted from the front controls?

I found that on hot sunny days the rear cools off much better when the rear air blows both from the top and at the feet. However I want the front to only blow at my face not at my feet. That's easy to do with someone that can reach the rear control panel but I want to do it from the front only if possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
Can the mode for the rear be adjusted from the front controls?
1. Hit the Sync button (on)

2. Use the climate controls to set the rear as you like it.

3. Hit the Sync button again (off)

4. Adjust the climate controls to set the front as you like it. Since sync is off, the back will remain as it was first set (in step 2).

;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

4. Adjust the climate controls to set the front as you like it. Since sync is off, the back will remain as it was first set (in step 2).

;)
When I hit sync, no matter how the fronts adjusted for airflow, it shuts off the vents. The back panel stays on and the temp syncs but their is no air flow.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just leave it in full auto.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

;)
didn't seem to work. Even with sync on, pressing mode only seems to change the front. I didn't see the icon appearing on the rear display. Sync only seems to work for the temp knob.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you have Navigation, you can also use voice commands to directly control the rear climate controls.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry, didn't meant to hijack this thread, but I had a question about the AC too.....

I turn the fan on and without pressing the AC on button.
But, it's actually pretty cool...cool enough that I have to wonder why I should even bother with AC? Might as well keep it off and save gas. Now, what this means to me is basically turning on the fan, allowing the air to come in through the vent like in my old car.

1) How is it that the air coming in is so cool even on a hot day?
2) Also, how is it that I'm able to control the temperature if it's just in
"vent" mode with no AC on?

btw, I don't have it Auto in case someone asks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
^ I don't believe there's an AC "on" button. Everything is auto unless it specifically shows something else in the display. So, if you have the fan set manually, everything else is still auto, meaning the AC can still be on. You can turn the AC off specifically, but apparently that doesn't necessarily turn it off in all situations from what I've read in other threads. This climate control is auto first, manual second.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem, except in reverse. No matter what combination I try up front, every time I turn on the A/C the fans blow on the highest setting in the rear. The only way for me to reduce the fan level is turn reach back and lower the fan speed from the rear.

Is this a normal glitch for the Odyssey or am I doing something incorrectly? (ps - I have an 08 EX-L)

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have a similar problem, except in reverse. No matter what combination I try up front, every time I turn on the A/C the fans blow on the highest setting in the rear. The only way for me to reduce the fan level is turn reach back and lower the fan speed from the rear.

Is this a normal glitch for the Odyssey or am I doing something incorrectly? (ps - I have an 08 EX-L)
Just out of curiosity, if you have a 2008 EX-L, why are you posting in the 2011 forum? I think your questions might be better answered if you post in the 2005-2010 forum:

2005 - 2010 Odyssey - Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums

;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts