Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to power a small usb device at the back but only when car is on accessory or on, I tapped a fuse but all the ones I tested were always on.

Is there any rear fuse that is only on when car is on?

Otherwise, anyway I can achieve it.

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you test all fuse slots? You could run a wire from the engine bay fuse box through the firewall but that would take time to run it to the back hiding the wire in the trim or under the carpet. You could get an inline switch to turn on/off (but for that effort you might as well just connect and disconnect). What kind of devise are you hoping to run?

I had the exact problem a few months ago in my 2001 Silverado, but I needed a fuse inside that was always on and every fuse of the cab fuse box was off unless the key was turned. Had to tap the amp distribution block I wired through the firewall to get an always on source. So I feel for ya.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Doesn't your van have an accessory plug on the left side of the cargo area that is only on with the key (see p. 176 in the owners manual)? My understanding is that all gen 4 Odys have this, although the design could have changed after 2012 (my owner manual is 2012).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Tapping into the rear accessory socket power is probably the best plan. It is already fused with its own 15A fuse and is hot in ACC or ON positions only. The fuse and relay for it is in the front passenger fuse block, but the wires are accessible back there where you want power... As far as I can tell, all of the fuses in the rear fuse box are hot at all times.

-Charlie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all.

You are correct there is an accessory which is acc.. but I was hoping I can tap a fuse because fuse box is easily open... but it seems all fuse points are always hot so I may have to tap the jack as per your suggestions. It's just that I I would have to figure out how to open the panels on the back where the accessory jack is and I have not figured that out yet...

If anyone has an easy guide, would be great

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts

It is part of the harness install for the trailer hitch install instructions. Pretty easy overall (as huge pieces of plastic go).

-Charlie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It is part of the harness install for the trailer hitch install instructions. Pretty easy overall (as huge pieces of plastic go).

-Charlie
Thank you. It looks different on 2014 with vac but should be close enough. Thank you all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thank you. It looks different on 2014 with vac but should be close enough. Thank you all.
The process is the same with the vacuum, just remove the hose (unscrews) and the canister then the plastic panel pulls off around the vacuum.

-Charlie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts