Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 Odyssey EX is Blowing the ACC Socket Fuse 9. There appears to be a dead short in the system. There is continuity between the positive and ground on both sockets. I have tested both sockets and the short is not in the sockets. I have not done any modifications and have nothing plugged into the sockets. Is there a relay that might be stuck causing a short? Where should I look for a short in the system?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Is that the one that powers the CD player? If so, check for coins. I don't think your model had a DVD option, but check that too if there is one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coins

I know the CD player has coins in it. The kids put tons of them in there but is was about two years ago. We never could get them all out. Do you really think this could have an effect with the radio off?

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
Also check for a short in the front Accessory Socket. It has been known to detach and short.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Re: Coins

odyroddy said:
I know the CD player has coins in it. The kids put tons of them in there but is was about two years ago. We never could get them all out. Do you really think this could have an effect with the radio off?
Yes it can have an affect with the radio off. There is power going to the CD player from the Accessory socker circuit. Pull the CD player and un plug it before it sets the dash on fire. To get all the coins out of the CD player you will have to open it up.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I agree, removal and disassembly of the CD player is advised. Its extremely likely to be your problem. You can check it by just unplugging the connectors going to the CD unit and checking that the fuse no longer blows.

Or you could find a very bumpy road and hope the change jiggles somewhere less disruptive :)

And not to let an opportunity for political pun and commentary pass ... "How's that Change working out for you?" :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Change

You where right!!! $0.59 in the the CD player. Two Quarters a Nickel and Four pennies. Got them out and everything works as it should. Thank you for the help. For the record change is not always good.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had same issue, how strange

Thank you all for answering this question. I had the same problem with my radio. The interior light / radio fuse blows instantly. My first step was to disconnect the radio to see if the fuse would stop blowing. When I pulled the radio I shook it jokingly and sure enough it jingled. I only had one dime in mine, but was thrilled the radio worked again after removing it.

I just find it funny that there must be some compulsion for kids to put change in the CD slot. Must be cause the change tray is right below.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts