Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't tell my wife, but I've orders some parts for my ... er, her Ody.

Nothing major, just the usual stuff. From HandA I ordered an S2000 antenna (Lydia's dying to have that on her van), splash guards, full nose mask and touch up paint.

I also ordered a McNeil wind deflector that I'll run instead of the hood portion of the mask.

I'll be ordering a round tube Hidden Hitch this week. This weekend I'll be installing an aftermarket ATF cooler.

Whew! Have I missed anything?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
261 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:

</font>
Yeah Jim, whattabout the fog? Winter is around the corner and fog season is nearing...dont let her (or yourself) be left in the dense fog..

------------------

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jim:
I also installed the round tube hidden hitch on my Ody. I did not have to raise the van since there is enough room under the van. However,I used my body as the jack to raise the hitch. This hitch is heavy.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is I painted it gloss black before I installed it. It looks really nice. And the Honda receiver cover (made of rubber with Honda logo) fit the Hidden hitch perfectly. Just a suggestion.

Oh, install the hitch before installing rear splash guards.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by abyez:
Yeah Jim, whattabout the fog? Winter is around the corner and fog season is nearing...dont let her (or yourself) be left in the dense fog..
</font>
I've thought about them. I needed to get the basics out of the way first. Maybe next month.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kuruma Hayai:
Oh, install the hitch before installing rear splash guards.</font>
Thanks for the tips!

Lydia already picked out her cover:

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff

·
Registered
4,495 Posts

</font>
Now where are "YOUR" parts(hint hint
erformance) ?

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
Now where are "YOUR" parts(hint hint
erformance) ?

</font>
I have a long list for the SE-R. The Ody will have to wait on the go-fast goodies.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff

·
Registered
564 Posts
All you really need now is a big plastic storage bin to keep everything in while you wait for the "free" time to install it all.

My garage is FULL of bins like that.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, and now maybe coming on November 2!
I haven't had a date in months (well, years actually, but that's a different story)
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
478 Posts

Nothing major, just the usual stuff. From HandA I ordered an S2000 antenna (Lydia's dying to have that on her van), splash guards, full nose mask and touch up paint.

I also ordered a McNeil wind deflector that I'll run instead of the hood portion of the mask.

I'll be ordering a round tube Hidden Hitch this week. This weekend I'll be installing an aftermarket ATF cooler.

</font>
Jim, nice choice in accessories. The splashguards are great-easy install and look good!
Have you checked out the thread on this forum re: Eckhart hitches? Seems that someone had one installed and it is truly a "hidden hitch"- the only thing showing is the receiver, not the whole thing. The guy lives near me, I'm going to check it out in person soon. Sounds pretty nice!
I am going to do the same with the nose mask I think, use the Macneil deflector with the bottom part-although I am leaning toward aftermarket on the mask. The Honda one I've seen didn't seem to be quite the quality of the Colgan I usually buy.
I'm curious to hear how your aftermarket ATF cooler project goes, I was not too impressed with the Honda factory-Hayden makes a great product if you can find room for it. Good luck!

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,door edge protectors, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires Lots more to come!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody:
Have you checked out the thread on this forum re: Eckhart hitches?</font>
I read the thread, but they aren't bolt-in. They sound great though!

I'll have a write up on the tranny cooler asap. Cross your fingers for me!

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff

·
Registered
301 Posts
The eckharts hitches must be welded to the frame. I assume that there is some cutting of the rear bumper cover to make it hidden.

A bolt on version that is hidden (even if we have to cut some of the bumper cover)would sell like hot cakes as this would look great and stop the ground clearance complaints.

Any hitch manufacturers listening?...

I 'am also awaiting your tranny cooler install Jim. Should go smoothly...

Tim

·
Registered
478 Posts
True, the Eckhart hitch is welded not bolted, but I don't see this as a negative, unless of course you would want to remove the hitch for some reason. I don't see any need to do that (for me) and since ground clearance is not compromised, it sounds like the way to go. Guess I'll need to check it out first though.

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,door edge protectors, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires Lots more to come!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts