Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about getting a couple dealer installed accesories (roof rails, body side molding). Does everyone do it for about the same price or do just call all the dealers and see who does it cheaper, etc. I don't have the time to install them on my own and unfortunately I hadn't really thought about it when we bought it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
No answer to your question cuz I haven't bought any yet. But I'd be interested to know how the roof rails affect noise levels on the highway. Did you get the crossbars too?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I've been checking for accessories prices nationwide and give or take the prices look similar from all major oem accessories' dealers (bernardi, keenan, curry?), so I guess it all comes to installation fee, time, service and convenience.

Just e-mail a couple of them close to you and ask for price including installation fees and availability.

I found one not that close from me (keenan honda), 15 more miles drive but their e-mail responses were prompt and they were very flexible (local pickup, good install tips, etc.). A couple of more bucks paid on parts but no shipping and good service, so worth making business with them again should I need to have them install something in the future

·
Registered
463 Posts
You'll need to just shop around, but re the side molding, it should take them about 30 minutes or less to stick it on. The molding would cost you only about $150 online, so if I was you, I'd be willing to pay them about $200 installed, since they make money on the parts too. But, if they want more than that, I might do it myself. I did ours, and I raised it about three inches higher than the template for more protection, but I would not recommend doing that due to the conflict with the other angles on the side. Maybe that is why the engineers decided it needed to be so low down, where it looks better but provides less protection. If I could do ours again I would still raise it, but I would angle it down toward the front a little.

·
Registered
69 Posts
astroricardo said:
I've been thinking about getting a couple dealer installed accesories (roof rails, body side molding). Does everyone do it for about the same price or do just call all the dealers and see who does it cheaper, etc. I don't have the time to install them on my own and unfortunately I hadn't really thought about it when we bought it.
body moulding you can do yourself. roof rails you'll probably want the dealer to do.

fyi, hitch i did myself (amazon.com for a curt $140, bolts right on) for a bike rack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts