Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

My wife and I are on the verge of buying a 2011 Odyssey, and I have a question about some dealer installed accessories/options.

1. I'm looking for the roof rails and crossbars. The install seems easy but I'm assuming that I'll get soaked if I buy from the dealer. Is there a good resource online or otherwise to purchase accessories so that I can compare price? I live in Canada, so sometimes from online stores the shipping tips the scale back to the dealer for items.

2. I see people have installed the ATF cooler, wiring harness and hitch themselves. Is there anything else in the trailer towing package? Springs, shocks, etc? I think it's about $1100 as an option with the car. I do most of my own repair and modification work on my vehicles, so I'm comfortable getting dirty to do the install myself.

Thanks in advance for any information provided.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roof Rail Installation

Buying and installing the roof rack on our 2011 Odyssey Elite was very easy. The factory instructions are good and you gotta fully read 'em a couple of times, but the work is simple. Measure twice, cut once. I bought the parts from Honda Parts and Honda Accessories from Bernardi Parts - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories. The cost of the Honda factory parts from Bernardi was almost 30 percent less than from Honda ... and no tax. All the installation cost me was an hour or so of sweat and a couple of glasses of iced tea. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
PS

That's it for the hitch kit. There are no other changes made to the vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just received a Honda hitch from G1parts.com. Their a Honda dealer in Texas, Sterling McCall Honda. Free shipping in the US unsure about Canada. Very happy with service and price.

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Online prices are much better than local dealerships. I'm only 45 mins from the border, so I think my best bet may be to ship to a UPS store close to the border and go pick it up myself. And the hitch and cooler install looks pretty straightforward, which is good.

My only problem will be balancing my savings against the money my wife spends shopping when we go. Not sure if that's called "win-win" or "Even Steven". Regardless, let's hope everyone ends up happy.

BTW great forum guys. Look slike I'll be dropping in often.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Buying and installing the roof rack on our 2011 Odyssey Elite was very easy. The factory instructions are good and you gotta fully read 'em a couple of times, but the work is simple. Measure twice, cut once. I bought the parts from Honda Parts and Honda Accessories from Bernardi Parts - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories. The cost of the Honda factory parts from Bernardi was almost 30 percent less than from Honda ... and no tax. All the installation cost me was an hour or so of sweat and a couple of glasses of iced tea. :)
thanks for the pointer to Bernardi - i bought mud flaps and a rear cargo tray and a coin holder from them for less than the dealer wanted for the mud flaps (though his cost did include installation).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts