Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just CANNOT stand when I see people talking on a cell phone while driving. When are those careless people going to learn that they should not drive and talk on a phone. It is such a hazard for the rest of us that are on the road.

January 12th 2007 I got hit on the rear by an idiot that was talking on a cell and did not realize that the traffic in front of him had come to a complete stop. I got $4,000 dollars worth of damages on my rear end.
- My Tailgate had to get replaced.
- My rear bumper had to get replaced
- The two middle backup sensors got replaced
- Everything behind the bumper got replaced
- The inside of the trunk had to get banged back into place
- My neck and lower back was soar for two days

Well, the good thing was that I was in the ody by myself when the idiot hit me. My 2005 odyssey only has 14,000 miles on it and already I got hit. I've been driving since I was seventeen and I've never been in an accident. This is my first accident caused by a careless driver.
IMAGES OF THE VISIBLE DAMAGES
- you may click on the image to view the original size

I was planning on installing the aero kit (oem body kit) in April but since the rear bumper had to be replaced I figured that I would have the body shop install the kit for me :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The shop did an excellent job on the repairs. I've used the same body shop and the person already three times in the past and I trust his work.

Body Shop Name: CRUCETA, Collision Auto Body Repair
Phone: 718-993-5698

The shop is located in the Bronx on 149th st. next to the bruckner blvd.

IMAGES AFTER REPAIRS

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks great. Now you need to get a Special Edition or Sport emblem to put on the back of your Odyssey. That will really confuse all the other Odyssey drivers when they see your new body kit.

G

·
Glad things turned out OK. Just curious about reconciling these 2 comments:

I've been dricing since I was seventeen and this is my first accident.

AND

The shop did an excellent job on the repairs. I've used the same body shop and the person already three times in the past and I trust his work.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Did that person get a ticket for talking on a cell phone while driving? Isnt there a law that you CANT talk and drive at the same time in NYC? Also 14K miles for a 2005 isnt bad at all as Im sure you dont drive unless ur leaving the city.

·
Registered
191 Posts
very attractive touring! I'd say it definitely looks better now after your accident!

I have an off-topic question, I noticed that your hi-beam headlamps are slightly on at your first front picture. Is daytime running lights standard on Touring models? If not, is there a way I could get a module that I can install myself?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
masterqi said:
Glad things turned out OK. Just curious about reconciling these 2 comments:

I've been dricing since I was seventeen and this is my first accident.

AND

This web site only allows a certain amount of text, pictures or links to pictures per post or reply to a post. I exceeded the limit so I had to break out my text and images into seperate posts.
I hope this explains why you see three sections which starts this thread.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
andrew a. said:
I have an off-topic question, I noticed that your hi-beam headlamps are slightly on at your first front picture. Is daytime running lights standard on Touring models? If not, is there a way I could get a module that I can install myself?
The high beams are on since I've install Daytime Running Lights. DRL's are not standard in any of the odyssey's. There are plenty of threads discussing the installation.

The following are the threads that inspired the mod.
DRL - success !

Installing DRL, Need Wiring Diagram

·
Registered
210 Posts
rj05 said:
This web site only allows a certain amount of text, pictures or links to pictures per post or reply to a post. I exceeded the limit so I had to break out my text and images into seperate posts.
I hope this explains why you see three sections which starts this thread.
I think you missed the jest of his point.

You first state that this is your first accident, yet you say soon after that you've used this body guy on 3 other occasions.

Likely, you've had kids (or crap friends) who have wrecked your car(s) and you've had to have them repaired. :D Not necessarily wrecked the cars yourself.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Looks great !!!!

You are missing the sunroof deflector to complete the picture, and I am missing the body kit :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Raalph said:
I think you missed the jest of his point.

You first state that this is your first accident, yet you say soon after that you've used this body guy on 3 other occasions.
:) I guess that I was still half asleep this morning when I went online. The first time that I used the body shop was to repair my cousins 2000 civic Si which he purchased with a bunch of dings and a damaged rear quarter panel. Second time that I used the body shop was when I had my integra entirely repainted. And the third is now with the Odyssey.
thanks for the pointer.

I hope that this clarifies things....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.