Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by petern12:
I really like the looks of the 5-spokes 17 inchers on the Acura CL Type S and think they would look great on the Ody with 235/55 rubbers. They 7 inch width seem ideal. Anyone knows if the bolt patterns and offset are compatible?

Picture of wheel at Acura site
http://www.acura.com/model_cl/cl_gallery.asp?main=10&on=11
</font>
Actually, I was considering getting these wheels before getting my Motegi wheels. I think they would look great! The bolt pattern is the same. I believe the offset for those wheels are 55. They should fit okay (I think). Also, 235/55 looks good.

One more thing, are you ever planning to lower the Ody?

-Nestor

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
Actually, I was considering getting these wheels before getting my Motegi wheels. I think they would look great! The bolt pattern is the same. I believe the offset for those wheels are 55. They should fit okay (I think). Also, 235/55 looks good.

One more thing, are you ever planning to lower the Ody?

-Nestor

</font>
Thanks for the helpful info Nemogira. I've seen a few sets of these wheels on ebay lately going for around $600 - $800 a set. I'm looking to get them when it comes time to replace the tires on my '00 EX (Michelin Symmetry, which means noisy, stiff riding and poor grip, no doubt the result of the hard rubber compound used to gain the claimed tread life). I'm not planning to lower mine anytime soon as we have 3 kids and can often achieve the "lowered" look with our family of five and accompanying battle gear. Therefore the prospective 17 inchers and low-profiles will be solely responsible for improving the look and handling of my rig. I do however find the H & R OE Sport springs to be tempting - which I've heard are only about one inch drop and 15% stiffer.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
petern12,
Thanks for the tip about the wheels being sold on EBay.I myslf have pondered about getting these wheels but $800 is a bit too steep.I'll probably wait 'til the price goes down and ,like you, when the tires need replacing.

------------------
-Rob-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)
http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
petern12,
Thanks for the tip about the wheels being sold on EBay.I myslf have pondered about getting these wheels but $800 is a bit too steep.I'll

</font>
Hi Rob,

As the CL's 5-spokes 17 inchers are of a model that's only been around less than a year, the sets I've seen on ebay often come with like new factory Michelin Pilot tires from new owners upgrading right out of the showroom floor, hence the reflecting "steep" prices (too bad their 215/50 size is too small diameter-wise to work on the Ody). Given the somewhat aggressive driving style of a typical Type S driver and the Pilot's modest tread life, we should start seeing more "wheels only" deals on ebay in the next few months...maybe around the $500 ballpark? That would be a great price point for me as I figure I should be able to get around $300 for my EX's wheels.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I did'nt know they came with Pilots ! That's pretty cool. That explains why they are asking for that much.$500 sounds like a better figure.I posted on one of the Acura bb's classifieds about these wheels awhile back but got no reply.
I'll check Ebay in a few months.
thanks,

------------------
-Rob-

·
1,484 Posts
If you are looking for those wheels check out the "Wanted/Buy/Trade,etc." forums at either Acura-cl.com or Acura-cl.com

The often sell their stock rims or tires or both when they upgrade. Please note that that TL and CL rims are different. TL (17x6.5) and CL (17x7). Plus they look slightly different. Good Luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by nemogira:
If you are looking for those wheels check out the "Wanted/Buy/Trade,etc." forums at either Acura-cl.com or Acura-cl.com...

Thanks for the tip Nemogira. I guess Rob and I will be bidding against each other in more places than once in a few months...

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Hmmmmmm........sounds like a good idea to me, Peter.

Don't worry Nestor, we'll play like boys do. Hahaaaa !
Seriously, thanks for the tip. I'll just have to start saving in a secret stash so the wife won't know.Gotta lay low on the mods.

------------------
-Rob-

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
Seriously, thanks for the tip. I'll just have to start saving in a secret stash so the wife won't know.Gotta lay low on the mods.

</font>
Don't you wish swapping wheels was as easy as it is in Gran Turismo?

-Nestor

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Don't you wish swapping wheels was as easy as it is in Gran Turismo?

-Nestor
</font>
I WISH ! In GT3, you buy the type of rim once and all your cars can have a set each.
Now if they can put a Lagreat in GT4.....

------------------
-Rob-

·
1,484 Posts
I know in GT2 they actually had 1 van in there. But it's cool how they have an Acura CL-S in there. Can't wait till I get my PS2. Still waiting for games like Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear 2 and WWF Smackdown 2. Plus once the X-Box/Gamecube comes out the price of it will most likely go down.

-Nestor

·
Registered
585 Posts
Can't wait till I get my PS2. Still waiting for games like Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear 2 and WWF Smackdown 2. Plus once the X-Box/Gamecube comes out the price of it will most likely go down.

-Nestor
</font>
hee hee. Nestor, that is what Target, Wal-mart or K-mart is for!! Save your reciept and 3 months later, they'll take it back & give you a full refund & you can then get an xcube or 'rebuy' the PS2 at the lower price if you desire!

<table><tr><td>
</td><td width="20" img="http://demo.healthstream.com/content/challenge/images/clear.gif"></td><td><font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="1" color="#454545">Marvyn - 2001 SS EX-NAVI (2600 mi)
Mud Flaps * Cargo Tray * Leather Steering Wheel Wrap * Blaupunkt 652 Speakers * Hyper-brand 'Xenon Blue' Headlights * Weathertech Floor Mats * PIAA Xtreme White 7440 Backup Lights
</font></td></tr></table>

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
guys, follow the link below to a set of CL-S rims currently up for bid on ebay. the specs on it are:

17x7
115mm 5 lugs pattern
55 offset

Does anyone know for sure whether this offset is within acceptable range for the Ody? Assuming they're be riding on 235/55 rubber...I believe the Ody's stock wheel's offset is somewhere in the mid 40's...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts