Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an Acura TL in the parking lot yesterday and as I peered in the window I could have sworn that in addition to the NAVI controls being on the left-hand side that the screen looked MUCH larger than the Ody. Can anyone confirm this? I assumed they had one OEM touchscreen that all Acuras & Hondas got.

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
I saw an Acura TL in the parking lot yesterday and as I peered in the window I could have sworn that in addition to the NAVI controls being on the left-hand side that the screen looked MUCH larger than the Ody. Can anyone confirm this? I assumed they had one OEM touchscreen that all Acuras & Hondas got.

</font>

I haven't got a clue either way but it occures to me that the Ody, being a somewhat larger vehicle, would make the Nav screen "seem" smaller than the same unit mounted in the Acura.

Best way to know for sure is for someone to put a ruler to it. Anyone have the opportunity?

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bad, I looked again today and it *is* an RL. Damn Acura! Keep coming up with all these funky names! I think they should have stuck with Integra & Legend. All these letters for names don't do these quality cars justice.

Anyhoo...Nestor? I can't believe you haven't at least begun thinking about how we can get this larger screen in our Odys. I mean, that screen is DEFINITELY larger. It makes our little Ody NAVI screens look wimpy by comparision.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 01 Ody EX Navi and 2000 TL Navi - the screens are the same size. The only difference is that the Acura boots up with the Acura logo and dealers are Acura dealers. Ody has Honda dealers.

With respect to a larger screen size, when I test drove the 01 Acura MDX, the screen was larger (wider) and the Navi screen also had a trip computer functions displays. The MDX Navi also has a feature called "bread crumbs" to track your trail when off a mapped road. I'd like to see all Navi systems allow you to enter non-mapped roads and store them in memory.

Not sure about the RL Navi system. Hope this clarifies the screen issue for you. I hear that the new Alpine Navi systems are upgradable modules to them. The Honda/Acura system is based on the Alpine system.

------------------
2001 Ody EX Navi GG + Infinity speakers, trailer hitch, Yakima bike rack, AirLifts, cross bars, mod sliding doors, outside/inside thermometer
2000 Acura TL Navi Gold + Comptech sway bars, metallic tints, Infinity speakers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts