Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for moving...

here is what i really want to know for who ever possesses the knowledge..

what oem wheels from acura or honda 18x8" 19x8" fit the second gen van?

and are there any members here with such wheels on their second gen?

plz lmk

going to put some money on my van but i wanna stay as close to oem as possible

·
Registered
355 Posts
You can get them to fit with adapters but they will not bolt right on. The 2nd gen has a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern while the ZDX wheels are a 5 x 120 bolt pattern. Nice looking wheel though. Might be worth the adapters depending on the price of the wheels and the offset.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greg Stoddard said:
You can get them to fit with adapters but they will not bolt right on. The 2nd gen has a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern while the ZDX wheels are a 5 x 120 bolt pattern. Nice looking wheel though. Might be worth the adapters depending on the price of the wheels and the offset.
ok well thats good to know the lug pattern on both vehicles.. but how does this adapter work?

i looks crazy.. this will deff change the wheel offset.. this one is 1.25" thick..

and also is this a safety issue.. i dont wanna be driving down the highway and say... "hey that looks like our wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!".... crash.. u kno..lol

here are the specs for this adapter

Set of 4 New Wheel Adapters 1.25" thick
WHAT IT FITS

WA083

Vehicle: 5x4.75 (120.7) and 5x4.5 (114.3)

to

Wheel: 5x4.75 (120.7)

1.25" Thick Wheel Adapter

·
Registered
355 Posts
The adapter mounts to the hub using the stock lugs and then the wheel bolts to the adapter. You will also want to get some hub centric adapters to make sure the lug adapter is centered properly on the hub.

As far as saftey, as long as everything is bolted up properly and it is all of good quality then it shouldn't be a problem. There are lots of people who runspacers and adapter to get a better stance for their rims.

My only concern would be that at 1.25" it may push the rims too far out for them to fit properly. You need to figure out what the stock offset of the rims are and if there is enough space to move them out that much more and not have them poke past the fender lip

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know this is a super old thread... but to avoid creating a new thread...

I found a local seller on Craigslist selling a set of 19" ZDX wheels for $250! Just in case anyone here is interested... the seller is located in Florham Park. Talk about a steal!!!

Acura 19" Wheels Great Cond.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sounds a bit too good to be true... but the wheels do look decent in that picture. Luckily I don't want anything bigger than 18's for the Ody. But this deal would be amazing if this sale is legit.

I contacted and seller and his email stated to call his office to set up a time to take a look. He confirmed that the price of $250 is for all 4 wheels.

I should just buy it and flip it! LOL.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sounds a bit too good to be true... but the wheels do look decent in that picture. Luckily I don't want anything bigger than 18's for the Ody. But this deal would be amazing if this sale is legit.

I contacted and seller and his email stated to call his office to set up a time to take a look. He confirmed that the price of $250 is for all 4 wheels.

I should just buy it and flip it! LOL.
For real. At that price, buy it and flip it! It's tempting to go 19" but you and I know NJ/NY roads can be harsh.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I may go take a look and talk to the seller... I'm questioning why he is selling it at such a low price?

Seriously... we have some bad roads around here. I'm kind of concerned about running with 18's...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts