Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, wondering if you guys can help with this. I have a 2018 Odyssey and the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) drives me crazy, I just want to switch to regular cruise control. Both Honda and posts on here say that to switch to regular cruise control, I just need to press and hold the button on the right (the one that controls the distance at which ACC works), but I've tried that many times and held the button for various lengths of time, and ACC just won't switch to regular cruise control. Pressing the Main button turns off cruise control all together. Thoughts?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Should work. First make sure main is on. I hold the button you describe for 2 seconds. Hear a beep and the words “cruise mode selected” appear in the display behind steering wheel. Hold it again and words “ACC mode selected” appear

Digging deeper but that’s all I see so far. Always best to download longer version of owners manual rather than the abbreviated paper version that comes with Van. More detail

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hello, wondering if you guys can help with this. I have a 2018 Odyssey and the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) drives me crazy, I just want to switch to regular cruise control. Both Honda and posts on here say that to switch to regular cruise control, I just need to press and hold the button on the right (the one that controls the distance at which ACC works), but I've tried that many times and held the button for various lengths of time, and ACC just won't switch to regular cruise control. Pressing the Main button turns off cruise control all together. Thoughts?
ACC Mode.PNG

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was struggling with this as well until I realized you can only change the mode if you are not already actively using cruise. Meaning, don't set cruise on and then try to make this change. This is not 100% clear in the instructions. There are three "stages" of cruise: Completely off (Main not pushed yet), Ready (Main On), Active (Cruise "Set" button pushed). You can only change modes while in the "Ready" state.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys rock, thank you so much for the responses. Aaron I think that's where I was hung up. I tried it again today in the right "stage" and it worked. I've been driving it for over a year on long road trips with ACC on and making the whole family sick with sudden slowdowns. Now we're free!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wanted to add my thanks. Took our new Odyssey on its first extended trip and had cruise off for most of the highway driving because ACC was driving me nuts. No, I don't want to fall in line with the guy going 10 under... Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wanted to add my thanks. Took our new Odyssey on its first extended trip and had cruise off for most of the highway driving because ACC was driving me nuts. No, I don't want to fall in line with the guy going 10 under... Thanks!
Same here. The surging from un-steady footed drivers drives me nuts. The other part of ACC is that after changing lanes to pass a slower driver there is a lag time until the van starts getting back up to speed. I find that I have to turn off cruise, accelerate to my desired speed and then turn cruise back on; especially if there's a car gaining on you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was struggling with this as well until I realized you can only change the mode if you are not already actively using cruise. Meaning, don't set cruise on and then try to make this change. This is not 100% clear in the instructions. There are three "stages" of cruise: Completely off (Main not pushed yet), Ready (Main On), Active (Cruise "Set" button pushed). You can only change modes while in the "Ready" state.
A heartfelt thanks from me, also. Just finished a trip in a 2018 EX-L that I bought a month ago and that was a real annoyance.

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,582 Posts
Same here. The surging from un-steady footed drivers drives me nuts. The other part of ACC is that after changing lanes to pass a slower driver there is a lag time until the van starts getting back up to speed. I find that I have to turn off cruise, accelerate to my desired speed and then turn cruise back on; especially if there's a car gaining on you.
You don't need to turn your cruise off. You can just step on the gas pedal and you will speed up. I notice that too. There is a significant lag time before the Cruise control decides to get you back to the set speed.

The cruise control only disengages after you press the Brake pedal. Then you have to push Resume.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts