Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone like the adaptive cruise speed control (2018)?

It really annoys me because it slows and speeds up constantly because it’s too sensitive
to other cars. Also, it feels like it uses brakes to slow down. (It may brake with the
transmission.) If it uses the brakes this would cause excessive brake wear.

I just don’t use it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like it a lot in my 2020. It’s a total game changer, especially when I am in a line of cars on a single lane highway or moderate interstate traffic. its less effective when in a congested area where cars are constantly cutting closely in front. I use it either at one or two bar distance depending on traffic.

Maybe they improved it with the newer model year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2018 EX and while I do use it I've also noticed the speed up/slow down. It's actually quite sensitive and is adjusting to the car in front. If that car has what I call a "goofy footed" driver (i.e., a driver with an unsteady foot on the gas or brakes), it will adjust the speed accordingly. At that point I disable cruise until I pass that driver and get behind someone else.

It does enable the brakes if the distance between you and the car in front of you is decreasing rapidly. But that won't cause excessive brake wear unless you're following an unsteady footed driver for a long period of time.

I do like the fact that the brakes are engaged since the system's reaction time is much quicker than mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts