Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
- After do some search around about this matter and i did not find any answer i need for this project but heck i'm gonna do it anyway ( bless me :) )
- Here is the parts i need for this project
- Tailgate drive unit Assy 74964-SHJ-A62
- Lock and Closer Assy 74800-SHJ-A71
- Switch Tailgate 74810-SED-901
- Power Tailgate control unit 74970-SHJ-A61

Wire harness
- Floor wire harness 32140-SHJ-L82

- Rear Wire harness 32108-SHJ-L61

- Tailgate wire harness Right 32109-SHJ-A61

- Tailgate wire harness Left

- Tailgate wire harness Center 32129-SHJ-L61

- May be i do need dashboard harness as well
- Left and Right Sensor
74934-SHJ-A61
74954-SHJ-A61

- Left rear pillar 84195-SHJ-A01ZB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
- Parts cont
- Left tailgate side cover 84485-SHJ-A61ZC

- Left pillar cover 84191-SHJ-A61ZB

- Tailgate cover 84431-SHJ-A61ZA

*** All the plastic parts the part number is different depend on your vehicle interior color***

·
Registered
181 Posts
Holy crap, you beat me to it! I was looking into the same retrofit next on my list. I see you are ahead of the game as you have got everything out of a salvaged vehicle. I found a Touring at a local autowreckers but they won't sell any power tailgate parts as they want to sell the rear of the vehicle as a complete unit.

Anyhow, from the limited research I did, here is the list of parts required for this project:

POWER TAILGATE MOTOR DRIVE UNIT
POWER TAILGATE CONTROL UNIT
OUTER HANDLE SWITCH
INSIDE TAILGATE SWITCH
TAILGATE LATCH ASSEMBLY (CLOSER UNIT)
LEFT PINCH SENSOR
RIGHT PINCH SENSOR
TAILGATE OUTSIDE BEEPER
TAILGATE INSIDE BEEPER
DASHBOARD POWER TAILGATE SWITCH
POWER TAILGATE TRANSMITTER (KEYFOBB)
TRIM PANELS ON TAILGATE

The power tailgate also connects to the MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) which in turn connects to the B-CAN BUS line.

Now I wasn't sure if the MICU on the Touring is different from the MICU on the non-touring model without the power tailgate. Also I wasn't sure if the MICU needs to be re-programmed at the dealer for it to work. The dealer will have to program a new keyfobb for you but that shouldn't be a problem.

Keep me posted on how this goes and I'll be glad to help if I can because I might be doing it next! Make sure you take lots of pic's of the install!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a remote Key FOB with tailgate button on ebay and i already reprogram it and it works just fine, lock and unlock L and R side door (tried tailgate button but nothing happen)
- i do have outside beeper but i never knew there was inside beeper, do you know where is the inside beeper locate at?
- Still too cold to work outside now for me, i live in IN, hopefully weather will be better next month

·
Registered
516 Posts
Do you think it's possible to just have an closer assembly so you can "soft close" the trunk?

·
Registered
181 Posts
eneka1 said:
Do you think it's possible to just have an closer assembly so you can "soft close" the trunk?
Never thought about that! I guess it would be possible. Of course you would still have to run most of the wiring, so you might as well install the motor. Plus it's a nice safety feature to have the pinch sensors especially with kids so the motor doesn't kick in if something is in the way.

ALL the doors and trunk have the soft close motors on my new BMW. I love it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have question on the wire hope someone could help me out
- On the left ( floor wire harness) kick panel does have 5 pins socket ( picture below)

and the color of the wire

This wire for the dashboard tailgate open/closed button ?
- If anyone has power tailgate can you please check if the wire connect with the button are same color with picture above
If it does i don't have to replace the dashboard wire harness if it don't man cost me more money :)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
181 Posts
The 5 PIN connector you have shown in your pic is NOT for the power tailgate. I believe this connects to the driver's side door harness.

You do not need to buy the whole dash harness. The power tailgate connections to the switch are actually on the big 22 PIN WHT connector. There are only two wires you need to tap into...you can do this yourself. The other two are for illumination which you can tap into any other switch.

Here are the PIN connections on the POWER TAILGATE DASH SWITCH (5 PIN Light GRN):

PIN 1 YEL/BLU connects to power tailgate - PIN22 on 22PIN WHT connector
PIN 2 WHT/BLK connects to power tailgate - PIN20 on 22PIN WHT connector
PIN 3 -
PIN 4 RED connects to (-) illumination
PIN 5 RED/BLK connects to (+) illumination

Remember on the female connectors, you count the PINs from the front pin side of the connector. See the attached pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
I see in your parts you have the tailgate cover. I know this needs to be replaced in your van because the new one has a cut out for the rear tailgate switch. But do you also have to replace the left pillar cover and tailgate side covers too?? I don't think so...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:bow: :bow: :bow: KING
- I just check the wire color on my 22 pins WHT connector , The WHT/BLK on pin4 & the YEL/BLU wire on pin5

EXL RES Wire

22 pins WHT connection

EXL RES dash harness

- EXL RES L kick panel connectors

- Touring L Kick panel connectors

Is the wire totally difference from US maker and Canada maker??

·
Registered
181 Posts
The wire colors could be different. Do not follow the wire color, you must follow the PIN number! PIN 20 and PIN 22 are the ones you need!

Looks like you already have the dash harness! Replacing the complete dash harness might be a lot of work. You will have to take apart the dash completely to replace all the wiring! The connector on the back of the power tailgate switch should be a 5 PIN Light green color. See if you can just separate this connector from the rest of the harness and tap into the back of PIN 20 and PIN 22 on the other WHT connector.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks KING
- checked the wire today and yes the pin20 color same with color with back power tailgate switch and the latch. i will try to install all the wires next weekend
- Thanks for you help King, i did replace dashboard wire harness once, i upgraded my EXL RES to EXL RES + NAV but not like what you did, i have no idea how to do custom wire and stuff so i have to replace the floor and dash board harness
- i see in other thread about DVD display on Nav here http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79222
but i'm kinda slow on this can you please give me more detail on this one, i like the switch one
:bow: :bow: :bow: KING

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
- I installed today and some how the power tailgate did not work
- Beep 3 times and then nothing happen, i hear relay click sound in the power tailgate control unit
- Press tailgate button on remote, outer handle latch, outer switch, dash board switch same thing beep 3 times then nothing happen
- Rear view Camera work just fine
I will post picture later

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.