Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 EX-L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We own a 2018 EX-L. I just had knee surgery so I rode in the 3rd row seat for the first time. I used the socket power on the driver side as pictured.

I was curious if anyone has added a matching power socket on the passenger side and if so what the trim part number might and/or Honda socket number might be? Or if someone can point me to a thread where I can inquire or search for OEM parts? I’m guessing based on the OEM hitch install that I’ll have to run my own fused power to an open spot on the rear fuse box. Unless the harness already has it all done for me and I just need to pop in a fuse. I’ve only ever had the drivers side panel off so haven’t peeked behind the curtain on the passenger side yet.

Driver side:
F2E961C3-7910-4336-82B6-F142D7D61150.jpeg

Passenger side:
2111B3F9-4862-4E36-8DC4-4F5A7E11C011.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 EX-L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We just use the power socket behind the seats on the passenger side. Plug in a couple chargers and coil them in one of the cup holders.
Thank you for the suggestion. I fully realize the absurdity and purposelessness of my intentions here. I see a blank trim panel and I want to swap it for something useful. I could easily drill a round hole and add an aftermarket solution. So just kind of hunting for something which would be as OEM as possible in this location.

·
Registered
2020 Elite | Platinum White Pearl | J35Y6
402 Posts
We own a 2018 EX-L. I just had knee surgery so I rode in the 3rd row seat for the first time. I used the socket power on the driver side as pictured.

I was curious if anyone has added a matching power socket on the passenger side and if so what the trim part number might and/or Honda socket number might be? Or if someone can point me to a thread where I can inquire or search for OEM parts? I’m guessing based on the OEM hitch install that I’ll have to run my own fused power to an open spot on the rear fuse box. Unless the harness already has it all done for me and I just need to pop in a fuse. I’ve only ever had the drivers side panel off so haven’t peeked behind the curtain on the passenger side yet.

Driver side:
View attachment 158291

Passenger side:
View attachment 158292
Hey there, here are the pics as requested: 2020 Elite

Driver Side 3rd Row:

Passenger Side 3rd Row:

·
Registered
402 Posts
To add:

I'm utilizing the socket in the trunk area on the passenger side with running one of these to the middle and hooking it up to a HUB like this.

Or you could easily fit one of these and have dual cigarette sockets.

Or even use one of these dual socket adapters for something quick and easy.

The HUB tucks under the front seats neatly. It's rated at 200w so it can easily handle the 180w output of the sockets in our vans. Those socket extender cords are really handy and useful.

In your scenario you could place that HUB anywhere if you don't feel like drilling into the side panel.

·
Registered
2018 EX-L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To add:

I'm utilizing the socket in the trunk area on the passenger side with running one of these to the middle and hooking it up to a HUB like this.

Or you could easily fit one of these and have dual cigarette sockets.

Or even use one of these dual socket adapters for something quick and easy.

The HUB tucks under the front seats neatly. It's rated at 200w so it can easily handle the 180w output of the sockets in our vans. Those socket extender cords are really handy and useful.

In your scenario you could place that HUB anywhere if you don't feel like drilling into the side panel.
Thank you so much. I knew there had to be some purpose for that panel. now I know what the purpose is.

I realize I haven’t given anyone a clear vision of my intent. It would be something similar to this, only using as many Honda parts as possible. that means looking for a usb power plug or 12v socket, though I have both of those in Toyota parts already. The back end wiring I can take care of no problem now that I’ve seen the rear fuse block. I will probably go with an add a fuse approach there but I might even be able to use the vacuum power circuit location since I don’t have a vacuum. That plus a ground and some harness tape and loom and then route along an existing channel and it’s a done deal.

I will update this thread as I go.

First step was buying this:
Honda Genuine OEM Holder Assembly USB Accessory 39115-TG7-A21

Step 2 is check fitment, remove panel, cut and jb weld in place.

Step 3 will probably be trying to source the OEM connector for that part if it has internals or recycling existing internals if it is only trim.

The rest is just proper 12v wiring, loom, harness tape, etc.

And the last step is a celebratory beer in the back seat realizing I will probably never make use of this :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thank you so much. I knew there had to be some purpose for that panel. now I know what the purpose is.

I realize I haven’t given anyone a clear vision of my intent. It would be something similar to this, only using as many Honda parts as possible. that means looking for a usb power plug or 12v socket, though I have both of those in Toyota parts already. The back end wiring I can take care of no problem now that I’ve seen the rear fuse block. I will probably go with an add a fuse approach there but I might even be able to use the vacuum power circuit location since I don’t have a vacuum. That plus a ground and some harness tape and loom and then route along an existing channel and it’s a done deal.

I will update this thread as I go.

First step was buying this:
Honda Genuine OEM Holder Assembly USB Accessory 39115-TG7-A21

Step 2 is check fitment, remove panel, cut and jb weld in place.

Step 3 will probably be trying to source the OEM connector for that part if it has internals or recycling existing internals if it is only trim.

The rest is just proper 12v wiring, loom, harness tape, etc.

And the last step is a celebratory beer in the back seat realizing I will probably never make use of this :)
Sounds good and very welcome. 🍻 Excellent thread by the way. Good work.

I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out. When it comes to the wiring, fuses, tapping into here and there etc... I'm really intrigued. I may have some questions for you related to this stuff.

Those add-a-circuits are neat. I used them when installing the dash cam and radar detector.

Reactions: daveeasa
1 - 7 of 7 Posts