Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i needed a solution to the lack of 12V power in our new-to-us 2012 EX-L. i did something similar to this in my 2008 and it worked wonders to keep kids quiet on longer trips. basically i wanted power that was off with the key off, but still controllable at the dash because sometimes you need to get a kids attention and they're watching a movie, or sometimes you drop the kid off somewhere and they leave the movie playing. Fuse #13 on the drivers side kick panel controls the rear outlet. i tapped off this because i knew this would be the least used existing outlet. i used a Bussmann add-a-circuit tap. the 2012 has a low profile style ATM fuse, see in first picture compared to standard ATM style. i popped out one of the blanks in the dash, drilled a 1/2" hole and installed the switch. power comes from the add-a-circuit and goes up to the switch, grounded to an existing community ground under the dash with a fork terminal. load side of the switch went behind the drivers kick panel, under the door trim, under the sliding door trim and comes out about halfway. it runs under the drivers side middle row seat and stops under the jump seat. pulled a ground from the screw that holds the floor trim on, same location where the rear of the jump seat hooks into the latch. i soldered the power and ground to a 12V socket, wrapped it all in liquid electrical tape, regular electrical tape and flex loom. i also had a 1 to 2 socket adapter with a USB plug on it. that plugs into the single socket. DVD players for the back seat are plugged into one half of the socket, the middle row player power cord runs down through the passenger seat, comes out at the bottom, runs under the middle row carpet and plugs into the other half. when i get more time, i will fish the power wires for the back row up through the seats so they arent exposed. now my kids get to come out and vacuum up the mess they have made :tongue:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts