Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install an HDMI jack in the front. We always download movies into our i-pad and are able to connect it to the rear HDMI outlet, but the kids mess with it. I have not found any access points near the front to tie into the existing HDMI wire and have found 'zero' kits online.

Any help, comment, or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How to add a HDMI jack near front passenger area on 2012 Ody Elite.

Our family uses i-pad to purchase & store movies for the kids. The i-pad is able to connect to the HDMI outlet in rear, but the kids mess with it. Need advice or comment on how to add HDMI in front area. I do not see an access point to connect to near the front & no kits available to do this.

Can this be done??

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
Zonian, adding a new thread for the same question is not going to speed up an answer. Also, we have a dedicated audio/video forum where I have moved your thread after merging them.

For now, sort of an HDMI extension cable, I do not see how you can go about getting this done. Usually Honda does not have regular cables running to the back. In case of the prior gen, people ran AV cables from the rear input to the front as the signals coming out of the radio needed to be decoded which was done at the rear plug on the circuit board. So, people just plugged in the extension AV cable in the rear console and ran the extension to the front to cope with the issue like yours. Perhaps you can purchase a long HDMI extension cable and run it to the front?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to install an HDMI jack in the front. We always download movies into our i-pad and are able to connect it to the rear HDMI outlet, but the kids mess with it. I have not found any access points near the front to tie into the existing HDMI wire and have found 'zero' kits online.

Any help, comment, or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all
Not sure if this is still active but how did u get video on your screen with hdmi port? I get audio but no video on screen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts