Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a backup cam to my ride. Can I buy one after market, or should I add the OEM one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
489 Posts
Reactions: Ticket

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi nomorenow,
the back-up carmera look good. Is there a way that i can display in the 8 inch for EX model instead of the rear mirror.

Thank

·
Registered
489 Posts
Will I don't have EX model, I'm pretty sure it can be done. Just have to find the wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same question! I'm looking for an aftermarket backup camera for EX 2012. If there is a way to input signal to the display for the EX 2012 model? I don't want too many monitors on the dash. Thanks!

Hi nomorenow,
the back-up carmera look good. Is there a way that i can display in the 8 inch for EX model instead of the rear mirror.

Thank

·
Registered
489 Posts
Since is hard to find out the wires, (even found out the wire, u still have to remove alot panels just get to the deck.. see my post -Kenwood factory upgrade).
I think this is the best way, Buy.....from Ebay

#1 - any size of your choice rearview mirror monitor ex:
3.5" LCD Car Vehicle Rear View Rearview Monitor Mirror | eBay 3.5inch $44buck.
Get the 12v power from the overhead Console (remove 4 screws) thats all!.......

#2 - WIRELESS Module for Car Reverse Rear View backup Camera
WIRELESS Module for Car Reverse Rear View backup Camera | eBay $19 bucks.

and #3 CCD SONY CAR REAR VIEW CAMERA FOR HONDA Odyssey with Guidelines
CCD SONY CAR REAR VIEW CAMERA FOR HONDA CRV ODYSSEY NEW FIT | eBay
for $30 bucks and see my post for camera installation http://www.odyclub.com/forums/10-ho...essories-going-weekend-projects-w-pics-3.html

Three items all u need.....and using your existing (over)rearview mirror.
$93 bucks, less headace of removing panels & wiring.

Same question! I'm looking for an aftermarket backup camera for EX 2012. If there is a way to input signal to the display for the EX 2012 model? I don't want too many monitors on the dash. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
2012 Honda odyssey back up camera install on EX

Hi guys just wondering does anyone know if I can just buy the honda rear camera for Odyssey ex-l would that work on my ex? I found the part number but I do not know if I can hook it up like plug and play. I know I should have bought an EX-L but that time I was on a budget but not really find it useful to have a rear view camera when reversing especially when wifey

·
Registered
14 Posts
turboevo2,
I am in the same situation like you. Could you p.m me the part and instruction how to do as well.
I also intend to put the back-up camera (cost around $600) at the shop. In the mean time, i used the wide angle mirror (cost only $10), works ok.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey, the only way to determine if you have the option of plug and play is to see if the wire harnesses leading from front to back are already "pre-installed". There is a half page description of camera removal and reinstall in the Helm Manual (took me 30 minutes to find it....I should have waited for the disc) and there is a diagram showing the harnesses. I guess you would have to go looking inside the tailgate to determine if that wiring is in there. If it is, then you should just be able to install the camera plug and play. The other part of this is whether your front display will respond appropriately when you go into reverse. You need a certain trim level with the correct console for this to work.....just a sec...I'll take a look...can't find anything right now but you should verify that the display unit is identical on the EX and the EX-L. I'm in Canada and our trim levels aren't the same. If you need the Helm Manual page, send me a private message with an email and I'll forward it to you.

Watchman

·
Registered
632 Posts
Honda does not pre-wire. A member here named "King" did re-wire his 3rd gen van with a harness from a wrecked Touring and converted his EX to a powered liftgate, back-up camera, RES and NAV. You can make a search and how he did it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont mind the work, can you please send me the information to hook up a camera to the factory ex model's screen please! thank you!

I dont want anyhting extra, I know all the other options, I only want to go one way..and that is displaying it on the factory screen, if you could give me that info, I would greatly appreciate it! thank you!

Jeff

·
Registered
489 Posts
I dont mind the work, can you please send me the information to hook up a camera to the factory ex model's screen please! thank you!

I dont want anyhting extra, I know all the other options, I only want to go one way..and that is displaying it on the factory screen, if you could give me that info, I would greatly appreciate it! thank you!

Jeff
Here is your request.....

Disclaimer: you do so at your own risk. Since I don't have an EX model or OEM screen to test. Not responsible for your own action.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
1 - 20 of 147 Posts