Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 EXL and saw a few videos on how to brighten up the foot well lighting by drilling bigger holes.

Unfortunately, EXL and below don't have that. So wondering if anyone has a solution to install foot lighting?anyone tried to splice the wires from. The glove box light? It stays on even with the glove closed.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I have a 2015 EXL and saw a few videos on how to brighten up the foot well lighting by drilling bigger holes.

Unfortunately, EXL and below don't have that. So wondering if anyone has a solution to install foot lighting?anyone tried to splice the wires from. The glove box light? It stays on even with the glove closed.
Honda sells a OEM footwell LED kit and you can buy aftermarket LEDs. LEDglow is what I have on my other van.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have LEDglow lights as well. Found them on Amazon. I used the supplied screws to mount the lights, drilling in to the plastic trim under the seat.

As for power, I used one of those add-a-fuse type thingamabobs (again, Amazon) and plugged it in to the "Accessory" fuse.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have LEDglow lights as well. Found them on Amazon. I used the supplied screws to mount the lights, drilling in to the plastic trim under the seat.

As for power, I used one of those add-a-fuse type thingamabobs (again, Amazon) and plugged it in to the "Accessory" fuse.
What fuse did you add it to? Did they mention how to run the wires, where to tap to?

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a picture of my installation (this was from my Fit - the Odyssey's fuses will look somewhat similar):

This helps.. Last question. Do you have a relay that turns on the foot well lights when you turn on the parking lights, or is it always on?

·
Registered
472 Posts
The foot well lights turn on when the car is started because it is tapped in to the "Accessory" fuse (powering your cigarette lighter socket).

There are other options that are always hot, and the LED kit I purchased has an On/Off button, but I would rather remove the accidental risk of the LEDs powering on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts