Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I intend to tow a trailer with my vehicle, I am considering installing adjustable air shocks in the rear so I can compensate for the extra weight and keep the vehicle level.
1. Has anyone done this already?
2. If so, how well did it work and what type of air shocks did you install? Also, how much did it cost?

·
1,484 Posts
Yeah, what Canodyssey said...

Just wanted to note that they are good with leveling the van to it's original stock level (although it depends on the weight you're carrying).

The basic kit only costs $60-80, not including installation fees. They also offer other kits that come with on-board air compressors. Probably $150-200 depending on the package.

But yeah, all the info for the 'Airlifts' are in the TECH section. Also, someone recently did a very detailed write up on the Firestone air cylinders. Hopefully he'll chime in and give you his feedback.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
134 Posts
But what about Air Shocks? I'm with Moopie. I've seen the threads on the air bag spring helpers, but we're talking about good old-fashioned air shocks like we used to jack up the back end of our Nova burnoutmobiles (not the best application of the technology by the way). Anybody have any experience towing or hauling with these?

------------------
'91 Sentra SE-R
'57 Chevy Belair Sport Coupe.
If at first you don't succeed...so much for skydiving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts