Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer insists that they recently installed an after-market DVD entertainment center on an EX-L NAVI. We have a lot of VHS tapes and not as many DVDs. I was wondering if I bought one of those portable DVDs (8" Toshiba at Best Buy ~899), would it work with the Honda iVes (VCR based)? Is there a DVD input? Then I could hook it up at home as well as during a car trip. Maybe I should just get the DVD installed in the car. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
There is no way that they installed the Honda DVD system (RES) into a NAV. Head unit will not fit into the dash and the wiring harnesses are completely different. Numerous posts on this already a couple of months back.

It is entirely possible they put in a 3rd party unit. Problem with these is that you'll most likely have only a 12 month warranty where genuine Honda accessories (like iVES) will be covered for 3yrs under normal vehicle warranty. Many of these sales guys get confused. Mine swore they could put the Honda DVD (RES) into my NAV . . . turns out they did not know the difference between iVES and RES.

You can absolutely hook up a DVD unit to the iVES through the aux inputs. Many people have claimed to have hooked up a PS2 so they can play DVD's & games. A $24 - $30 power inverter is needed.

We love our iVES and our NAV and feel that we can "have our cake and eat it too".

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts