Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are hoping to buy an Ody in the next day or two. We would appreciate your input as we make this decision.

We can get an 11 EXL for 32K and an EXL with Navi for $34.

We can get an 09 EXL with dvd and navi for $27-28.

We can get an 09 Touring for $28-29.

We can get a 2010 Touring for $30ish.

For those of you with 09's, 10's, or 11's, can you please offer your opinion as we try to make a fast decision. One idea we had was to get one of the older ones and then sell it in 2-3 yrs. to get a gently used 11 or 12. BUT, we love the 11! We just don't know if it's worth an extra $5-7K!!

All three of the used vans have between 10-12 K miles left on the warranty.

What is YOUR opinion?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
400 Posts
We are hoping to buy an Ody in the next day or two. We would appreciate your input as we make this decision.

We can get an 11 EXL for 32K and an EXL with Navi for $34.

We can get an 09 EXL with dvd and navi for $27-28.

We can get an 09 Touring for $28-29.

We can get a 2010 Touring for $30ish.

For those of you with 09's, 10's, or 11's, can you please offer your opinion as we try to make a fast decision. One idea we had was to get one of the older ones and then sell it in 2-3 yrs. to get a gently used 11 or 12. BUT, we love the 11! We just don't know if it's worth an extra $5-7K!!

All three of the used vans have between 10-12 K miles left on the warranty.

What is YOUR opinion?

Thanks so much!
get the MY '11.

regarding those older gen, I myself was considering a used ody but the difference (price) really was very close.. (factor in ext. warranty, APR, blah, blah)

get the 2011:mad: and don't buy the navi option (you can get a garmin or an Ipad) and give me the extra $$$$. hehehe:cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
We had an 07 so I'm not sure how the 09 and 10 compare to that. But, the 11 has a much smoother and enjoyable drive than our 07. I would definitely say to get the EXL for 32. The backup camera is wonderful as well as the convenience of the bluetooth phone. Not sure if the 3rd gens have that. As far as the price, if I remember right, that's not much over invoice which is a great deal right now with the low inventory. I didn't want the Navi b/c that took away the nook on the dash that was perfect for my iphone. Plus, a Garmin is much cheaper.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The 11' EXL for 32K is a great buy as long as the dealer does not tack on a bunch of options and fees. My wife looked hard at replacing her 06' with a low mile 2010 but the improvements all around in the 11' made it a no brainer. Buy the 11' now and keep it for 4-5 years. It will prove to be a better buy over the long run. Trading every 2-3 years is not.

Regards,

JD

·
Registered
88 Posts
^Agreed! Trading every 2-3 years cost $$. If you get the '11, it will be current gen. Ody for the next 4-5 years, so you'll not be eyeing the next gen for a while saying, "I wish I had that gen van". :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'd get the navi, but I like gadgets I can't stand clutter and suction cups for portable navis. And I'm a complete moron when it comes to directions.

You will definitly not recuperate the $ for the navi, so you know best if you think it's worth it.

If you buy it I will say that the routing is good, input is easy. On the other hand, traffic info is either useless none existent in ours.

·
Banned
728 Posts
We got a 2011 EX RES (Canada) and couldn't be happier with it. People said it was ugly, but when you park it beside a '10, that van looks antiquated especially inside. My wife loves the large display for the back up camera.

Good luck.

·
Registered
507 Posts
We got a 2011 EX RES (Canada) and couldn't be happier with it. People said it was ugly, but when you park it beside a '10, that van looks antiquated especially inside. My wife loves the large display for the back up camera.

Good luck.
I'm surprised... But I've gotten plenty of compliments on my two 2011's. People seem to think they look sporty and aggressive. I agree;).

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Now, I wonder what the replies would be if the thread had been posted in the 2005-2010 gen Odyssey section :tongue:
Haha yes, I bet it would be totally different. I mean, most of us here had the option of a good deal on a 2010 but we all opted for the 2011.

I'm surprised... But I've gotten plenty of compliments on my two 2011's. People seem to think they look sporty and aggressive. I agree;).
I do think the van looks nice, but directly from the front, the grill is too big and plastic-y

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Feedback in my case has been a mixed bag, but never bad for the interior. A couple of 2009-2010 Ody owners who I frequent at the kids' schools were "bah, meh" for the exterior, but "wow, oh" for the interior... and not the materials, but the flexibility (3 car seats in one row with latches?) and the clean design/flow...

Haha yes, I bet it would be totally different. I mean, most of us here had the option of a good deal on a 2010 but we all opted for the 2011.
Yup, they were still both on the lot when purchased the boat

Allright, allright, what did the mamaof7 buy at the end? I thought the carriage was about to turn back into pumpkin or something...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I picked up a 2011 EX-L, Black Pearl, last night! Trust me, you will regret getting the last gen. I'm in love with mine. I've owned a 2002 and loved it. It was a no brainier with the newest one. They hold the value so well that I was surely not going to pay for a used one. Plus, right now used Ody's are going for a premium price! Buy new!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Everyone!!

Thanks for all your input! I had to give a report on what happened today! After reading your input we felt very good about getting the 11, as that is what we were leaning toward.

We were shocked that 3 of the 4 EXL's had sold yesterday. The only one on the lot is dk cherry pearl with beige leather. The color is gorgeous. Also, I really like the smoky topaz. We saw a touring with topaz and the truffle interior. (The kids were begging us for the touring:))

Anyway, we ended up putting money down for the smoky topaz / truffle which should be here in 2 wks. I'm kinda second guessing myself now, but the reason we passed on the beautiful dk cherry is due to the lighter beige leather seats. Ours will be a very used van and all eight seats will be occupied much of the time.

SO, now what is your opinion (if it's not offensive for me to ask for one more favor:)), between those two color combo's. It isn't too late to change either!

Dr. Cherry Pearl with beige leather

Smoky Topaz with Truffle leather.

The truffle is definately darker and should hide dirt / stains better. But, perhaps the beige wouldn't be a problem.

Let me know what you think between the two outside and two inside colors!

Did I hear something on here about the dk. cherry paint having some trouble?

It's kinda strange cause this dealership sells so many vans, but this dk cherry has been there at least 2 wks. The other vans they are selling as pre-orders most of the time these days. Wonder why the dk cherry sat on the lot so much longer?

Thanks Again! I'll be eagerly awaiting your responses!! If we want to switch colors, we'll prob need to do it soon.

p.s. WHY does it cost $6K more to get a touring than an EXL? Seems ridiculous! If we just had another $6K, we could get the colors of our choosing in the touring!!!! Too bad!

·
Registered
19 Posts
We have the dark cherry pearl and LOVE it. I actually specifically wanted it for the beige interior. We lived in AK with nasty snow and mud and had no issues. Good luck and enjoy whatever you decide :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, great. Why did you want the beige leather? Is it cooler? Do you have children? It just seems that the truffle would be more "forgiving" than the beige, but maybe I'm making too big a deal of it???

What do you all think?

ALSO, What are the most important accessories? We feel like we'll definately need the roof rack, but the quote was almost $600 with the cross bars. How important are some of the other things like body side molding, mud flaps, door trim, cargo tray, all season mats, etc.??

Thanks again!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the "red" '02, and really wanted a red one again, but I ended up with a silver with the gray interior. The dark cherry just wasn't red enough for me. Also, the red one had read dvd, the silver had nav, and my daughter's 17, so won't be in the back seat much longer.

Also, in the used vs new debate, my observation when shopping was that the prices of used are all almost exactly prorated from the price of new based on getting 200k miles. So if a new one was $30k, and the 2008 had 100k miles on it, for the same trim line, it was going to be marked $15k. The 2010 with 50k on it was going to be $22,500.

I love my '11. I've only seen a couple other ones on the road around here.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had the "red" '02, and really wanted a red one again, but I ended up with a silver with the gray interior. The dark cherry just wasn't red enough for me. Also, the red one had read dvd, the silver had nav, and my daughter's 17, so won't be in the back seat much longer.

Also, in the used vs new debate, my observation when shopping was that the prices of used are all almost exactly prorated from the price of new based on getting 200k miles. So if a new one was $30k, and the 2008 had 100k miles on it, for the same trim line, it was going to be marked $15k. The 2010 with 50k on it was going to be $22,500.

I love my '11. I've only seen a couple other ones on the road around here.
Wow! Nice info on used car pricing. Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts