Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
In the scenario above, enable ACC beep. The vehicle will beep when it is actively slowing down due to another vehicle.
Thanks, I probably will enable this on long rides and disable in metro area Interstate - otherwise I would be hearing constant beeping with cars pulling in front of me

·
Registered
47 Posts
You choose to enable it rather than have to disable. it replaces cruise control (which you can still have if you want instead). I have never found the need to enable to beep.

i thought that would be the case but in practice its not that big a deal. Some traffic situations it is not ideal but most of the time it slows when you would slow, just a little quicker. Really good when there is a line of cars backing up but you didn’t see the tail lights around the big suv in front. But yeah, if you have a big merge or something go where the traffic is complex then tap it off. Just like old cruise control it shuts off if you brake. You can then just hit resume like cruise control..

its also good on those one lane highways we have so many of in NH Where you find yourself in a long string of cars that can’t decide if they want to go 45 or 60. You can’t really pass so it lets me sit in the line and relax a bit instead of constantly (and pointlessly) reflexively pushing the car in front of me.

I really don’t understand the talk of acc like it’s this big decision on the road. It’s just an upgrade for cruise control and is just as easy to get in and out of depending o. The traffic situation but a lot better and a lot safer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have to say I like the vehicle in many ways now that I've had it for 2 days. Technologically it's easy to use, responsive, and drives really well. I do miss the "tank" feeling of my '07. The thing was just a big, heavy, cavern.

One big draw back is the "trolley" that slides row 2 around. On my '07 it was nearly a flat surface, save the hooks for the seats. Now, you've got those big trollies you can't get rid of. They get in the way

It's the little things:

1. no storage bins with lids for the last row. just double cup holders.
2. no stock seat back pockets behind row 2.
3. can't stow the 8th chair in the floor
4. outside cup holders on row 2 chairs

I posted my numbers on the price page too.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts