Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you helpful folks,
Sorry if i am repeating the question, but I searched for threads related to floormats and there was nothing after the 2006 Ody. I guess the fitting should be very different on the 2011.

What is the diff between floormats and floorliners ? Is the genuine Honda floormats set same as the one Weathertech sells ? I saw people mention very cheap ones ($10-20 as against $150) they bought in Sams and Sears, are those good enough for the job ?

Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
14,909 Posts
Instead of searching for the term floormats, perhaps try the term weathertech and see if you find the right threads. This exact question comes up much more often than you think.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I just ended up buying the OEM Honda all season floor mats from 2011 Honda Odyssey, Honda Parts Super Store instead of the Weathertechs. I like the extra protection the WT provide for the front row but I don't like the one piece second and third row which is the only option with WT. The cheaper ones will most likely not fit well and WT and OEM are not the same. Ideally I would like the WT fronts and the OEM second and third rows, but that would be expensive.

Many on here chime in very quickly to tell you to search first (search police), don't take it to heart. I personally don't care if someone asks before searching, this is a forum and not just a wiki and it is pretty slow in here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks !!

You are all awesome !!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I looked at the threads Gstom1 posted, and they were very very helpful, especially the photos. I must have searched with a wrong word, all-season.

I want to go for Weathertech, although they are much more expensive. I didnt see any good pictures of the OEMs, though it is clear that the Weathertechs cover a larger area.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The OEMs are of good quality and do the job. The only negatives are that they don't provide as much coverage as the Weathertechs and that they only come in one color - black. Black tends to show a lot of dirt and you'll need to clean them every few months.

Go with the Weathertechs if you want a more precise fit and slightly better coverage.

Don't get the Honda OEM flat folding floor mat that fits in the back cargo area when the 3rd row is down. It has no anchors and slides around way too much. The cargo tray that fits in the cargo area when the 3rd row is up is pretty good.

;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gstom1, thanks.

Hexomats appear to be "shallow" i.e. without the upturned edges of Weathertech or the OEM.

Do you know if Weathertech is available locally ?

Another option are Hexomats floors mats and the myrid of other types including fashion, leather and diamond plate.

Honda Odyssey 2011 | floor mats | car covers | sunshades

I don't have any experience with any of these so hopefully others can chime in.

;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
I got my Honda rubber mats yesterday, I am airing them out before I install. Going to clean them with the Griots rubber cleaner before installing as well. One thing I noticed is that the rubber is not as nice/soft as my previous Audi rubber all season mats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.