Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at replacing my 02 Chrysler Town & Country with a Honda Odyssey.
I started pricing around a new van to lease for about 300 a month, and used odysseys. I found a base Odyssey for 300 a month for 36 month with 12k a year. the dealer also suggested a used (non CPO) 2008 EX-L (Off lease) with 28k, for $300 a month for 60 months finance.
The used Odyssey has more options than the base 2011 obviously, which is one reason that i am leaning towards the used one.
What do you think i should do?

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Used CPO is a great way to buy. You get a well optioned vehicle and the benefits of CPO. The extended warranty in our case was 5 years and 100,000 mikes from date and mileage of purchase. We were covered till 2013 or 122,000 miles beat that hyundai LOL

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am looking at replacing my 02 Chrysler Town & Country with a Honda Odyssey.
I started pricing around a new van to lease for about 300 a month, and used odysseys. I found a base Odyssey for 300 a month for 36 month with 12k a year. the dealer also suggested a used (non CPO) 2008 EX-L (Off lease) with 28k, for $300 a month for 60 months finance.
The used Odyssey has more options than the base 2011 obviously, which is one reason that i am leaning towards the used one.
What do you think i should do?
Thanks
I would agree with sleepless 247-get the used one w/ Honda Certified Used Car warranty-I have that on my 2007 Accord-still have another 2 yrs 55 K miles on the Powertrain portion. Plus you won’t have to pay the depreciation cost like you would with a new model. One comment I have about your post-don't be focused on the monthly payment-focus instead on the bottom line of what the actual cost of the vehicle purchase will be along with the cost of financing. Dealers will hide all sorts of costs in the "low monthly payment" figures they will quote you-a common trick of corner used car lots-the "Buy Here Pay Here" sleezeballs who advertise what the payment will be, not what the cost of the vehicle purchase and financing will be! Oh, and be very, very careful about leasing a new vehicle-another "shell game" on the part of dealers to hide total costs into monthly payments!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I should have read your post better-if the 2008 is NOT Certified by Honda, (i.e. CPO) then yes, get a Honda Care Warranty-but I would stay away from any third-party warranty

·
Registered
17 Posts
it worked for us.

Buying an off-lease CPO Ody worked out pretty well for us. Ours had 34k on it when we bought it. It was fabulous until about 80k miles, and has turned into one of the more expensive cars to maintain that we have ever owned since then.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My current car has 50k on the odo, and i have an extended warranty on it. The last 2 years the warranty covered about $4000 in repairs. The only thing that botheres me with the CPO is that i have to go to the dealer, and the one next to me is not so accommodating, compared to bringing the car to my local repair shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts