Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey ShinJohn....great posts....

I purchased an EX-L last month, love the van, but only wish I went with the factory DVD option (didn't want to wait two months for delivery). Trying to look for aftermarket options for DVD (in dash) and was thinking bout the Panasonic. A local carstereo shop says they can do the CY-VMX6800 monitor w/DV700U DVD installed for around 1K...sounds like a great deal.

BUT...my concern is the in dash install mount. They think they can squeeze the DVD unit under the Honda factory CD/radio, but there is only 3/4 DIN space (about 2 inches)...sounds tight.

How has your install progressed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Shinjohn!!

...Even at 300 for labor, 1K still is a good deal...although not as good as I thought! (oh well, if it sounds too good to be true!!)

I wonder why Panasonic is selling these things so cheaply...perhaps discontinued?

Do you know of any issues with this combination - namely that the screen ratio is 4:3 vs. 16:9.

-- or is the "catch" the relatively high profile (e.g. obstructed view) of the monitor and it's lower resolution (under 640X480)

Would you recommend using another brand for the monitor - e.g. the Audiovox 7"....(wouldn't you have to use two separate remotes?)

Another dealer can do the Pioneer DVD head unit (SDP-7) with the Audioviox 6.8" for around 1600....so I thought this was a better combo.

[This message has been edited by Minivandad (edited 02-11-2002).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.