Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, first post.

I'm doing a lot of cross country drives this year, and I am looking for a low-budget way to see my fuel flow for economic purposes.

I don't need sophistication that figures mpg for me--a simple quantity per unit if time would suffice. I can weigh the variables at that point and determine if I need to traveling at speeds for "best economy" or "best performance".

Did I mention low budget? Something "doc brown" might build comes to mind.

Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dornier, when you get back would you give us an update on your experience with the UltraGuage. Do you have the VCM engine ? I am, in particular, interested if it correctly responds to the cylinder cut out mode (VCM). I had a ScanGuage II a couple of years ago, and it did not. (The MPG kind of doubled in VCM mode, totally messed up all the "stats")
And, while you're at it, any chance it has trans temp ?
(Please lt us know what car you have)

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
This sounds very interesting....

OF

·
Registered
730 Posts
Dornier, when you get back would you give us an update on your experience with the UltraGuage. Do you have the VCM engine ? I am, in particular, interested if it correctly responds to the cylinder cut out mode (VCM). I had a ScanGuage II a couple of years ago, and it did not. (The MPG kind of doubled in VCM mode, totally messed up all the "stats")
And, while you're at it, any chance it has trans temp ?
(Please lt us know what car you have)

Thanks a lot
I'm currently using the original Scangauge and would be interested to see how this compares.

As for a trans temp, it was asked in the forums in January but no updates so far.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem

Ill definitey post what I see. Just running around the neighborhood I'm learning to train my foot to ease off on accelerations--watching that instant gal/hr.

Our goal was to make some plots that show mpg or gph at different speeds and outside temps. I'm curious to see how well the fuel mixture adjusts when it's really warm out. It also passes the time on I-10 between Texas and Florida.

I do have the VCM and in city driving
I could see a sudden change in instant gph when it went into ECO. Haven't gotten it out on the interstate but fr a few miles.

It also burns about .25 gal per hour just by turning on the A/C (expected that):

1 - 9 of 9 Posts