Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Touring Elite, SILVER - Purchased Feb. Already to Florida and back. (Kingston, Ontario) 17,000kms

1. Passenger power sliding door stopped working during our trip to Florida. We obviously could still use the door manually but the darn vehicle only had 10k on it. (The dealer replaced the door motor and still did not work. After 3 trips to the dealer they found a loose wiring harness.)

2. Front drivers Fog light lens seal allowed moisture in and the bulb exploded.
(Light housing replaced and now the front bumper panel is misaligned on the drivers side.)

3. Windshield has significant wind noise on the drivers side. Even whistles when a window is put down!! I am hesitant getting a windshield replaced on a vehicle that has only 17000kms on it. So much for the low noise windshield!

4. Windshield has significant distortion.

5. Steering feels very numb, especially at low speeds. I know this is a result of the steering design. It sucks.

6. During acceleration the engine "pings." The dealer told me to use "better fuel."

7. Fit and finish is very poor. The gaps on the doors are very wide. Can almost stick the end of my finger all the way in between panels. Go look at yours right now and you will see what I mean. The hood is also crooked and needs to be adjusted.

WISH I DIDN'T BUY THE VAN.

I had a 2006RES that I wish I never traded.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the problems with your van. It sounds like just bad luck. I've had my Touring Elite since the end of December 2010 without too many problems. My mother didn't even realize that tle sliding doors were powered and she yanked on them a few times like they were manual and they are still fine.

Well good luck getting all your issues resolved. I'm not sure they can do much about the gaps and crooked hood as your took delivery of the van over 2 months ago. See the thread where Striker3636 is trying to get imperfections with his van resolved with Honda Canada.

:frown:

·
Registered
11 Posts
wow.....did you even drive the van BEFORE the purchase? I check out EVERYTHING before we drive away.....I would have drove it before taking delivery also. Face it, you should have noticed the steering, windshield, fit & finish yada yada yada before buying. I have not had one thing wrong with my Odyssey. Love it!
I have a good friend that works for Honda....if you send me your VIN....I'll see what I can do to help.

Touring Elite, SILVER - Purchased Feb. Already to Florida and back. (Kingston, Ontario) 17,000kms

1. Passenger power sliding door stopped working during our trip to Florida. We obviously could still use the door manually but the darn vehicle only had 10k on it. (The dealer replaced the door motor and still did not work. After 3 trips to the dealer they found a loose wiring harness.)

2. Front drivers Fog light lens seal allowed moisture in and the bulb exploded.
(Light housing replaced and now the front bumper panel is misaligned on the drivers side.)

3. Windshield has significant wind noise on the drivers side. Even whistles when a window is put down!! I am hesitant getting a windshield replaced on a vehicle that has only 17000kms on it. So much for the low noise windshield!

4. Windshield has significant distortion.

5. Steering feels very numb, especially at low speeds. I know this is a result of the steering design. It sucks.

6. During acceleration the engine "pings." The dealer told me to use "better fuel."

7. Fit and finish is very poor. The gaps on the doors are very wide. Can almost stick the end of my finger all the way in between panels. Go look at yours right now and you will see what I mean. The hood is also crooked and needs to be adjusted.

WISH I DIDN'T BUY THE VAN.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
If you ended up liking the 3rd gen better, you might want to talk the dealer into trading your 2011 for a 2010 Touring (that had enough time to get all the quirks fixed :)) if there is one in their lot? Not sure money-wise what the deal would be, you are losing some $ for sure, but there might be a win-win if managed wisely :dunno:

·
Registered
739 Posts
If you ended up liking the 3rd gen better, you might want to talk the dealer into trading your 2011 for a 2010 Touring (that had enough time to get all the quirks fixed :)) if there is one in their lot? Not sure money-wise what the deal would be, you are losing some $ for sure, but there might be a win-win if managed wisely :dunno:
Sorry to hear about your problems, don't blame you for being upset.

I looked all over for a 2010 Touring, they're just not out there. Would have preferred to stick with my 2006 as well, but alas the mileage was on.

It does seem quality control from Alabama can be hit or miss. I want over the van with a flashlight and comb before taking it, so far only one panel slightly off, quality seems good.

I know you don't want to hear this about your recent big purchase... but over the next 3 months, supply will be so low, you could probably get a killer price on your used van.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ours has been great, but we didn't get the Touring model.
Same here, I don't have the quality problems others are experiencing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I had 2007 and I did not like it very much so I traded with 2011 exl. I like the way it drives much batter but it has some quay isues that need to be address engine noise road noise and vcm vibration my fog light also have some moisture my key fob dose
Not work properly. It is just a mess.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't have a single one of the issues you're having, beavereater. But, mine is an EX-L. Good luck getting those things fixed. Keep us posted on your progress?

I also, traded up from the previous gen, an '05 EX. I loved the '05, not a thing wrong with it! If I still owned it today, I'd be more than happy with it. I traded up just because I like the '11 even better.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds like beavereater got a friday afternoon one.

After 2 months of ownership I am also wondering if I made the right choice.

Main peaves.
1) Low battery warning, interested to see what the dealer says, I will ask for gas money if I am told to drive it more.
2) windshield distortion, yes but not at fun house level.
3) MPG around town not as much an improvement over my old suv as hoped. Ido live in a hilly area and only make short trips but still...
4) truffle interior starting to show the dirt.... come on why no black.
5) At stop lights I have to look through the tint band on the windshield. I should have spotted that on a test drive.
6) cheap plastics in the interior I am concerned how much abuse they will take before they look like they had a bar fight with a rabid badger.

I am wondering if I should trade it now before I lose even more money.

I was a honda fan and had planned to keep it for a lengthy period of time... but I am really not sure at the moment.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Come on guys, are you really ready to give up on the van after 2 months??? I'm sure you did your research and went on some test drives, so you knew what you were getting!

The battery problem is annoying, but I have no issues with the interior, windshield or tint band.

If you guys dump your vans, how much do you think you can get for them? Do you think you can get 75% of what you paid?

:huh:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had the battery low warning up until I trickle charged overnight .Disconnected the two pin connector by the negative terminal as others have done .Warning never came back.
Eric

·
Banned
728 Posts
Sounds like beavereater got a friday afternoon one.

After 2 months of ownership I am also wondering if I made the right choice.

Main peaves.
1) Low battery warning, interested to see what the dealer says, I will ask for gas money if I am told to drive it more.
2) windshield distortion, yes but not at fun house level.
3) MPG around town not as much an improvement over my old suv as hoped. Ido live in a hilly area and only make short trips but still...
4) truffle interior starting to show the dirt.... come on why no black.
5) At stop lights I have to look through the tint band on the windshield. I should have spotted that on a test drive.
6) cheap plastics in the interior I am concerned how much abuse they will take before they look like they had a bar fight with a rabid badger.

I am wondering if I should trade it now before I lose even more money.

I was a honda fan and had planned to keep it for a lengthy period of time... but I am really not sure at the moment.
Just keep it. You've already lost 30% when you drove it off the lot. As to point #5, maybe you are stopping too close to the stop light? I haven't seen that as a problem. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts