Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
You said that everything was tightened to spec, which I assume means with a torque wrench, but did you do so with the suspension loaded? Or was the car still up in the air? I ask because in the past I've seen issues like this when the bolts were torqued with the car still jacked up off the ground. Doing so and then setting the car down on its wheel can make those torque settings incorrect and often loose.

What I've learned to do it to tighten everything snugly, then put the wheel on and use a Jack to compress the suspension by jacking under the tire or setting it down on a ramp, and then going under the car and torquing to spec. This way (which can be a serious pain and in some cases admittedly just won't be possible), the torque is to spec with the car's typical weight/load on the suspension components and the rattles are usually gone.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try just retorquing those bolts in the wheelwells first. There's a lot more movement down there and that may be the source of most of your noises. It may take care of all of it. You still may have to hit the top strut bolts too since weight on them may affect the torque you applied but I'd start down below first and see if you can cure it there first. Always try the easier ones first:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.