Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not looking for specific advice, here, but rather general comments and opinions. My wife and I are often driving our van between north central Washington and central British Columbia at night. It's dark and lonely on some of these roads.

I've already upgraded the headlights and high beams with HIR-spec Phillips bulbs (9012) along with a Morimoto wiring harness (to mitigate any voltage drop). It's still not bright enough.

I'm considering adding some after market LED lights, such as manufactured by Rigid Industries, to the van. One course of action would be: find the OEM foglight install PDF, install all the electricals, but use the new circuit to power 2x Rigid Industries 906213 mounted behind the grill (eg in front of the radiator).

I attached a very badly photoshopped photo of what I have in mind. (This is not my van, my headlight lenses are in much better condition.)

Has anyone done something like this?
Any constraints or concerns you can think of?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Sometimes,and certainly in my case, as I got older my headlights got 'worser', as did the picture on my TV. Turned out to be cataracts, which is basically the lens in your eye getting foggy, just like the headlight lenses do.

The problem with your extra lights is that you will blind everyone within a 5 mile radius!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes,and certainly in my case, as I got older my headlights got 'worser', as did the picture on my TV. Turned out to be cataracts, which is basically the lens in your eye getting foggy, just like the headlight lenses do.

The problem with your extra lights is that you will blind everyone within a 5 mile radius!
I agree about blinding other drivers. There'd be a degree of diligence shutting them off for approaching vehicles, similar to what good/decent/polite drivers do with high beams. The drive I'm talking about is Yakima WA to Kamloops BC. It's usually empty at night; I've been the only car for miles plenty of times.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Retrofit your headlights with projectors. Install projectors/LED pods that's meant for high beam purposes.

You can mount the LED bar on any car as long as install is done correctly. Will it look nice? maybe not. Retrofitting the headlights will look it look nice.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Maybe this is what you need my brother...saw it a few weeks ago, this was the first thing that came to my mind while I was reading.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Retrofit your headlights with projectors. Install projectors/LED pods that's meant for high beam purposes.

You can mount the LED bar on any car as long as install is done correctly. Will it look nice? maybe not. Retrofitting the headlights will look it look nice.
Huh. I hadn't considered a projector retrofit. I have no idea how to approach that. I'm going to search "projector" and see what turns up.

I'm not OK with blinding oncoming traffic unless by accident. I see people on the road running HID or LED bulbs in reflector housings, giving no shits about the retinas they're destroying. There's a special place in hell for such people.

Maybe this is what you need my brother...saw it a few weeks ago, this was the first thing that came to my mind while I was reading.
I think that might turn off my "ECO" light without a vcmuzzler :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts