Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2011 Odyssey EX and am curious about the options for adding an aftermarket radio/navigation system possibly with a backup camera. In shopping around and looking online though, there do not appear to be any adapter kits for the 2011 dash yet.

We'd like this to look professional or stock when its installed. Does anyone know of any current options or have any idea when they might become available?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It looks like Metra has a part for you now: 99-7880B. (Announced on July 1st 2011: Metra Online)

I noticed a couple online retailers are selling it for around $20.

I plan on buying an EX after the 2012's come out, and will be upgrading the stereo using the dash kit. Pics to follow, but don't hold your breath.... :)

My only concern is that the aftermarket Car Stereo/GPS screen may be a bit low, but perhaps that won't matter as it looks as though it will be angled up.

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
Welcome to the OdyClub you two. Since this was the first post for both of you, I have moved the thread to Audio/Video/NAV forum. Please look outside 2011 forum. There is a whole lot of Odyclub outside the 2011 forum. :)

Please try and post threads in correct forums to prevent a thread lock in the future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I did the same with my '06 EX-L (which also has the cylinder de-activation). Changing the stereo removed my noise cancellation system functionality (is it still in the radio for the 4thG Ody?) but I could not discern any increase in noise level, even with the stereo turned off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts