Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that the backlight of clock does not work at all. Could installation of an aftermarket stereo disable the light? I have a Kenwood CD with wiring kit from Crutchfield.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Mine also. I will check the pin out on the connector. Probably you have to add the "headlights on" signal (orange wire) to the clock.

------------------
2002 TW EX; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's w/ Blaupunkt Casablanca head unit; Hella Supertone Horns; Hitch w/ Transmission & Power Steering Coolers; 2001 Five-spoke Alloy Wheels.
2000 Honda CBR 929 RR

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just pulled the dash board out this weekend and found light bulb burned. Several other 1999-2000 owners I know have the same problem. They didn't bother look at the clock since they all have watch or cell phone.
Is defective light bulb cover under 3/36 warranty or considered as "normal" wear?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought a 2001 LX used. I noticed that the clock backlight doesn't work. Before I check the bulb, can someone verify that the LX has a backlight on the dash clock?
Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I recently added a 6-disc in-dash changer (thanks HandA!) in a 2000 Accord, and somehow caused the clock bulb to burn out. I could not figure out how this happened. Anyhow, I ended up replacing it for three bucks and change at the local dealer. Just be careful when you screw it in to place, as your screwdriver may short the terminals, burning out your bulb, if you don't disconnect the battery first. I just used some electrical tape on the end of the screwdriver to avoid the short.

I'm pretty sure the LX's have the same bulb in their clocks...

------------------
2002 GG EX-L RES
1996 BMW 328i Manual Sport Pack w/goodies

[This message has been edited by odylicious (edited 12-26-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by camhutch:
How do I get to the bulb to change it?</font>
Haven't done this, but looking at the manual, you need to remove the top instrument panel (8 screws, 4 clips). Then unscrew the clock from the back side (3 screws).

Maybe someone who's done it can comment...

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Clock Light

ShinJohn: when you pull the instrument panel out which contains the clock attachment, just pull it far enough to see behind the clock and there is the bulb (attached to a bulb (plastic) threaded screw holder which might be grey or black plastic) which has a flat head screwdriver slot for removal/installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts