Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I looked into one for mine. The best option I could find was an ASC dealer. (American Sunroof Corp.) They are based out of CA and seem to have an app for the Ody. Check your yellow pages for a dealer near you. Good luck.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have seen 2 different ody in town with sunroof but were too busy driving on freeway to make eye contact or ask.

I would love one but 4 months ago...after a very short debate in this forum, we decided it is not "save" to have one. Try the search function to find it.

------------------

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went to a Honda dealer and asked about the after market sunroof for the Odyssey. The salesman says they don't recommend it because Honda will honor the rest of the car warranty once the sunroof is installed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a sunroof in my 2002. I can't say the installation was perfect. They have to lower the headliner alittle bit and its somewhat noticable. Overall I'm happy with it. The job was done by Advanced Automotive in Horsham, PA. They do the most of the installations in the Buck/Mont area. Initially we weren't happy with it and went back to the dealer. The techs there didn't have a hint about how it should look. We went back to Advanced. They agreed with us and fixed it with no problem. If you do get one I recommend and automatic one. It closes when you shut the car off. [I paid $1300 for mine.]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Chris,
Do you know what brand of sunroof was put in. ASC is the most well known, but not the only model.

There is a brand (merger of two other brands) called Hollandia/Webasto. Thats the brand used by Classic Soft Trim. Classic soft Trim is a national chain that dolls cars up for dealers. They did leather on Odys for years. I took a tour of their local shop and was very impressed. I purposely brought In my 11 year old sedan to show them the crappy sunroof installation done elsewhere. They actually bothered to take five minutes to try and fix a few things. Of course they were kissing up but hey. They were not high pressure at all and spent 25 minutes answering my detailed questions. They showed me several installations, but had no odys on hand. So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this brand installed and if they are happy with it. The main "looks" issue for me is the headliner not be kinked or loose etc and the roof vents not be moved too far.

------------------
'91 Sentra SE-R
'57 Chevy Belair Sport Coupe.
If at first you don't succeed...so much for skydiving.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My sunroof is an ASC. It is very nice. I like the automatic close feature very much. My son is always forgetting to close his sunroof. The initial installation wasn't real good. The headliner sagged and the vents were loose. We went back to the installer and he fixed it. It now looks good. I don't think the average person would notice anything. I'm very happy with it. My wife [who drives the ODY most of the time] loves it. I would recommend it to anyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts